Comments on National Park Carry

Sheldon

OK people it is time to send in comments on the National park carry, please use the provided links submissions, and just for giggles here is what I have sent them...

Honorable Committee:
over the years I have visited a great many of our National Parks many times, and have noted with great despair the alarming increases in crime. Although our park rangers do a outstanding job with the manpower and equipment they have they are a finite source and simply put cannot be every where at once.

That leaves the safety of the individual and their loved ones to that individual, and while the law abiding citizen will by nature obey the rules and regulations, Criminals by their nature will not, and there in lies the conundrum.

Allowing the private citizen that is licensed to continue to carry their fire firearm while in the boundaries of our National parks would greatly lead to increased security and safety for all who visit our county, and I can over state my support and hope for yours as well

Thank You for your time and consideration.

Link to site to make your comment... FWS-R9-NSR-2008-0062

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. I made my post, short and sweet. I believe it is best for everyone's safety that concealed firearms are allowed within the boundaries of our national parks.

Also, if the gun is hidden, the hippies out hiking the trails don't have to get overly jumpy. I used to be one of those hippies, now my gun is hidden.

Here's what I posted:

Although I thoroughly enjoy visiting our National Parks, I have been avoiding them as much as possible for several years. I feel safer camping, hiking and mountain biking in places where the right to protect my family and self are not restricted. Whenever I have to travel through a National Park, I stop prior to the entrance to unload and lock up my firearm. I do this with a sense of dread, knowing fully that disarming myself is compromising my families safety. Should concealed carry be allowed in National Parks, my family and I would actually plan vacations to these wonderful places. Thank you for your time.

I hope it helps as well.

here is my entry:

Honorable Committee:

First let me thank you for taking time to consider the revision of this regulation.

The idea behind having a concealed weapon is that no one is supposed to know that you have it. This provides a very good defensive tactic when dealing with ones personal safety. Opening the borders to our national parks for those law abiding citizens that have gone through the training and other requirements to obtain on concealed weapons permit, is a huge step in the right direction.

If a citizen has taken the time to learn the laws and regulations to earn permission to carry a concealed weapon, why not extend the trust from our National Government to that person. In order to obtain a permit one must have clean criminal record. Which should show that those who carry are not the criminal types that need constant supervision.

Our parks and recreation dept. does a superb job. However, they cannot be omnipresent. Which, from time to time, leaves the safety of individuals and their families to themselves. So why not extend to us the right to use the best tools to available?

Thank you

My Submission

Sorry Skindad88 and DarrellM5. Plagarized you guys. It was too good not to. i added some links and the following attachment.

Honorable Committee:

First let me thank you for taking time to consider the revision of this regulation.

The idea behind having a concealed weapon is that no one is supposed to know
that you have it. This provides a very good defensive tactic when dealing with ones
personal safety. Opening the borders to our national parks for those law abiding
citizens that have gone through the training and other requirements to obtain on
concealed weapons permit, is a huge step in the right direction.

If a citizen has taken the time to learn the laws and regulations to earn permission
to carry a concealed weapon, why not extend the trust from our National
Government to that person. In order to obtain a permit one must have clean
criminal record. Which should show that those who carry are not the criminal
types that need constant supervision.

Our law enforcement personnel do a superb job. However, they cannot be
omnipresent. Which, from time to time, leaves the safety of individuals and their
families to themselves. So why not extend to us the right to use the best tools to
available?

Although I thoroughly enjoy visiting our National Parks, I have been avoiding them
as much as possible for several years. I feel safer camping, hiking and mountain
biking in places where the right to protect my family and self are not restricted.
Whenever I have to travel through a National Park, I stop prior to the entrance to
unload and lock up my firearm. I do this with a sense of dread, knowing full well
that disarming myself is compromising my family's safety. Should concealed
carry be allowed in National Parks, my family and I would actually plan vacations
to these wonderful places. Please take the opportunity to read or have your staff
read the following articles:
Link Removed
http://www.azccw.com/More Facts & Statistics.htm
http://www.harrybrown.org/articles/Crime.htm

Thank you for your time and opportunity to comment.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back