Coming to Wisconsin

SR9

Planning a trip to Wisconsin next month. Have a PA. CCP which I see is accepted in WI. Any thing I should know about carrying in WI.
How are the police there? Plan on staying in the south east part of the state. any good gun ranges there?
How is the availability of ammo (22lr and 9MM) or should I plan on bringing my own?

The CCW classes I took use this range. Just over the WI boarder. Nice people.

Directions to Bristol Shooting Range :
TAKE THE 94 NORTH HWY TO THE WI. BORDER. EXIT HWY 50,
( 3 MILES ),TURN LEFT GOING WEST, 5 MILES TO ROUTE 45,
TURN LEFT GOING SOUTH, 1 MILE TO 85TH STREET, TURN RIGHT,
BRISTOL RANGE IS 1/2 MILE ON YOUR LEFT.

My wife and I make what might be called a"pilgrimage" to WI every year. We go there to engorge and bring back home their wonderful beer, wine and cheeses. If you can go to New Glarus and tour their brewery. If you like beer, there is none finer. They only sell within WI, so take some home.
Then go on to Monroe to the Alp and Dell Cheese Mart. They have many cheeses available and will let you taste most. The also have tours of their plant.
Dave

If you want to keep going west, you can hit the Potosi Brewery. It is in the SW corner of the state on the Mississippi river. Great Beer and the restaurant is really good. The good people of Wisconsin know how to drink. It's the state sport right behind hunting. Make sure to get some Wisconsin Bratwurst and if you are near Racine, get some Kringles (Swedish coffee cake) I like O&H the best. Too be honest you could spend a few weeks in Wisconsin, there is so much to do.

Sorry, we don't drink. We are going to visit family. Myself, my son, and 2 grandsons and their wives are going to have "family day at the gun range".
We are all hunters and gun owners. We may do things related to the outdoors, but touring food and drink companies are not for us. May visit state parks and refuges like Kettle-Moraine, and Horicon National Wild Life Area. We've been to Horicon twice in the past, but still more to see.

Anybody ever been to McMiller sporting center, in south east WI., to shoot? How was it?

Had a great time in Wisconsin. Had a Family Range Day at McMiller Sports Center in Eagle Lake area. My Son, Grand sons, and their wives all had a great time. We must have fired over 800 rounds that day. Many great memories made that day.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back