Coming through your state....

Feldon22

Hello all....I will be coming to your state for a wedding this weekend. 2 days before the wedding the Groom and I will be going out shooting. This means I have to bring my gun from SC into the great state of Georgia. I just wanted a little clarity on the laws. I know the law says that I can have the gun fully exposed in the seat beside me, but that makes me just a little uncomfortable. Then the law says if you are able to obtain a permit then you can have it in a closed glove box or console. Now I am able to obtain a permit in SC.(in fact I have it). So I suppose if I was a resident in Georgia I would be able to obtain a permit as well....I dont have any kind of charges or felonies any thing of that sort. So does this mean that I can put the gun in my glovebox? Should I also store the ammo in the trunk? Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

There is no reciprocity agreement for concealed carry permits between Georgia and South Carolina. In other words, Georgia does not officially recognize a South Carolina concealed carry permit. Also, Georgia does not provide non-resident CCPs. When traveling in Georgia, you would need to adhere to Georgia laws regarding individuals who do not possess CCPs. More information can be found at the following websites.

Link Removed
Welcome to GeorgiaPacking.org
Link Removed

According to the "Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States":
A traveler without a recognized license may not carry a handgun on his person unless he fits into one of several exceptions. A motorist who is 21 years or older may carry a loaded handgun anywhere in his vehicle so long as he is not a felon, fugitive from justice, illegal drug user or former or current patient at a mental hospital or drug treatment center. Loaded rifles and shotguns may also be transported anywhere in a motor vehicle as long as the aforementioned conditions apply.

Sorry you're not a Georgia resident and unable to obtain a GFL. This means you must adhere to the "in plain sight" portion of the law. The only other option is if you are active duty military and if so you are exempt from many of the carry laws. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Georgia on my mind

Pards: I need some advice. I will be driving from tenn to atlanta next weekend, i have a tennessee handgun carry permit and i know that georgia has reciprocity agreement with tenn. While driving in tenn i can have the weapon on my person, but when i cross over into georgia will i have to remove it. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Pards: I need some advice. I will be driving from tenn to atlanta next weekend, i have a tennessee handgun carry permit and i know that georgia has reciprocity agreement with tenn. While driving in tenn i can have the weapon on my person, but when i cross over into georgia will i have to remove it. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Why would you have to remove it? TN and GA have full reciprocity. Your TN permit is as valid as a GA resident's GA permit.

Question about holsters

I'm confused about Georgia law on holsters. From what I read you have to have your concealed weapon in a holster. Does a pocket holster count?

(I have an SC permit and intend to get a Pennsylvania permit to give me reciprocity in Georgia.)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back