Colt defender of Colt new agent??

Usa007

my next pistol is going to be one of these bit i cannot choose . I can say the reason i want the new agent is because i dont have a 9mm and would like one but i like the SS finish on the Defender but that is only .45, please help me in this decision and why you would choose it....Thanks in advance.

If you want a 9mm go with the new agent. The defender is my main carry gun and has a stainless slide with an aluminum alloy frame. It's light carries well and is a solid shooter. It can be 7 or 8+1 depending on your mags. Personally I like 45 buying a 9mm just because you don't have one is a bad idea IMO .

Well I don't mean to have said it in that matter that I want a 9 because I don't have one but I already have a .45 and don't shoot much because of ammo price. True that I always wanted a 9mm but haven't found one that I like yet (for a carry weapon). I shoot alot at the range And would be much happier and fortunate buying 9mm vs .45 any day of the week.

I really like my defender, the stainless holds up to daily carry well. As for ammo prices a single stage press will pay for itself before long!

I agree with you about prices. Cheaper ammo means more practice. I went a bit further. My EDC is a Defender. I have a Colt compact that I put a .22 adapter on. I get the same feel (minus recoil) practicing with cheaper ammo.

The point I tried to make in my earlier post is that the Defender is available in 9mm. Your choice is narrowed to which model you prefer.

Well I don't mean to have said it in that matter that I want a 9 because I don't have one but I already have a .45 and don't shoot much because of ammo price. True that I always wanted a 9mm but haven't found one that I like yet (for a carry weapon). I shoot alot at the range And would be much happier and fortunate buying 9mm vs .45 any day of the week.

Get a 9mm for range use, and keep the .45 for carry. Heck get 'em both...

i would love the Springfield EMP but the ambidexterous safety on both sides doesnt call my attention, looking at a FN 5.7 or a pocket 9mm cant decide

Why would you want a pistol with out sights?

Because it's for card table distances and no sights because it reduces the chance of getting snagged on something and at 25' or less, point shooting is faster and while not as accurate as aimed fire, it's accurate enough.

Because it's for card table distances and no sights because it reduces the chance of getting snagged on something and at 25' or less, point shooting is faster and while not as accurate as aimed fire, it's accurate enough.
I see. So when you are attacked from a distance, you just wait until they get close enough to deal cards?

I see. So when you are attacked from a distance, you just wait until they get close enough to deal cards?
Well, you don't really run into snipers, small-unit fire fights, or duels, much in my state. I can hit the kill zone on a human (paper)target diagonally across an intersection pretty readily. A realistic combat distance for civilians like me is most likely 20'-25'. For you and Gecko45, it might be 500m.Who knows?

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back