Colt Defender .45 or STI Ranger .45 Opinions Plz

jreXD9

Yesterday I had to opportunity to handle both. This STI Ranger is the shorter version that's no longer made, but from what I understand, parts are still made for it.
The rubber grips on the Colt are perfect.....The STI grip is shorter, the barrel about an inch longer.
Help me out......I'm thinking about selling/trading my Kahr CW45 and going this route.

I've always thought Colt pistols were overpriced or poorly made. I've always bought copies made by other companies.

But the only thing that really matters is reliability. If the Karh is reliable: I'd keep it unless I had a real good reason for getting rid of it.

I carry the colt defender almost daily it has been 100% reliable for me. I relaced the rubber grips that I liked as well with a set of crimson trace grips

I love my colt defender. Had it for about 3 weeks and have run about 300 rnds through it. Used various types of ball ammo and hollowpoints without one single issue. It carries like it's not even there. A friend of mine has both an sti (which is very nice) and a defender and usually carries the colt.

I've always thought Colt pistols were overpriced or poorly made. I've always bought copies made by other companies.

But the only thing that really matters is reliability. If the Karh is reliable: I'd keep it unless I had a real good reason for getting rid of it.

Overpriced? Maybe, depending on what you're comparing it to. Poorly made? No way. I love my Defender and wouldn't carry anything else.

I'd also much rather save up a little longer and get the real thing.

Colt's to me are some of the best 1911 production 1911's plus you can always add change them. Plus for the most part i've known most to be reliable which Kimber these days cannot be said of. I plan a Custom build and might just start with a Colt.

Overpriced? Maybe, depending on what you're comparing it to. Poorly made? No way. I love my Defender and wouldn't carry anything else.

I'd also much rather save up a little longer and get the real thing.

I went with neither. I bought a Kimber Compact Stainless II.....commander length slide and officer's length grip. Me likey. I ran 100 thru it @ the range on Tue and it ran pretty dang sweet. it's 8-10 oz. heavier than the Kahr but I have a decent belt and holster and so far it's carried comfortably.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back