colt 32 auto

shingman2

I have a colt 32 auto that my grandfather left me. It has a 1800 something patient on it and it seems to shoot crooked. I did notice that the slide on it is loose and maybe this could be the cause. Can this be heated up to cause it to expand a little to take the looseness out of it?

I wouldn't do anything to it. It's worth more as it is. Take it to a reputable gunsmith and let them look at it to determine if it's shootable. The old Colt 32's were not know for their accuracy anyway.

Red Hat is right on do not do anything to it as it is worth more as is. I would just keep it in the family and past down.

I have a colt 32 auto that my grandfather left me. It has a 1800 something patient on it and it seems to shoot crooked. I did notice that the slide on it is loose and maybe this could be the cause. Can this be heated up to cause it to expand a little to take the looseness out of it?

NO, NO, NO!!! It's old enough and been shot enough that it doesn't suprise me that the slide is a bit loose. Never heat a slide up to adjust anything. You are messing with the heat treat. The heat may also warp the slide and ruin it. This gun is an antique and could be worth quite a bit. Don't do anything to it. Put it on a shelf and look at it but don't touch it with a torch.

I owned one and loved it! bought it for $50.00 and sold it for same lots were made. Came in .380 too just from memory I believe it was called Colt Pocket Pistol. not sure. good luck with it!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back