Colt 1991a1

Kaymen

I'm trying to figure out the ballpark value to this pistol. A Colt 1991a1, it has some wear on the finish, Pachmayr grips (still have the original grips). I've added a match grade trigger and full length guide rod. It is one of the most accurate pistols I have ever fired. I've done some research online and found similar guns going for $900. I paid $600 for it about 15 years ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NEW Colt 1991 models are selling sub $900, an older used ORM (Old Roll Mark) like yours with the bill board size roll mark sell for considerably less. It's worth about what you payed for it, $600.

In TX, for $600 I'd buy it immediately, and would look at it closely for $800-$900. This has to do with the orig grips, trigger, and guide rod - and how many rounds fired and overall condition.
I take into account in a private sale there is no sales tax or other transfer fees and so on.
Bottom line, I'd put it up for $900 and come down as appropriate.

The $600 that you paid for it 15 years ago, due to inflation only, has the same buying power as:

$857.54

The value in Colt 1911s is in the rarer models. That model is fairly common so they don't go for as much.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back