Colored designer guns

As a not very intimidating looking grandmother, I want my guns to be a little "scary" to the BG. To me that means mostly black with a large caliber like 45 ACP. I do have a laser, however, I only use it for target practice. All that being said, if someone wants a pink gun, go for it. Just be aware that the guy who breaks into your home might not take it to seriously. This may be good. While he's laughing at your pretty pink gun, you have plenty of time to line up your shot.

I think at least one use of a laser is that it takes the 'what if' out of the equation for the BG. He/she has a pretty good idea where the round will hit if the trigger is pulled.

Unfortunately, that is only a factor in very few senarios. Doesn't do much good otherwise. That is part of the reason I don't use them. Admittedly though, I haven't spent much time or effort in training with them either.

As for that pink pistol. I wouldn't volunteer to be shot with one, thats for sure. Can't imagine the pinkness of it would make it hurt any less our do any less damage.

As long as it gets the job done, the only concern would be with children, but there should always be concern there anyhow.

As long as it gets the job done, the only concern would be with children, but there should always be concern there anyhow.

I agree. As long as you are giving them age appropriate safety training and teaching them that it's not a toy just because it's pretty colors, you should be fine.

I agree. Age appropriate safety training is a must. As well as revisiting that training frequently enough that it is relatively fresh. I also think that removing SOME of the taboo and curiosity from firearms in general by letting them hold it, explaining what it is, the safety necessary in its handling, and answering any questions they have in a SAFE environment. As a parent and gun owner I owe it to my children to SHOW them how to be responsible with them.

I'm not into all the pink, green, camo, and other color guns out there. Besides, once you've had Black you will never go back.

I'm not into all the pink, green, camo, and other color guns out there. Besides, once you've had Black you will never go back.

:sarcastic: Well, and it is a good idea to remember that the color of the gun should probably be much farther down on your list of priorities than how well it fits your needs and your abilities with it.

I would never get a gunThat looks like a child's toy. That's just sick. I mean my daughter has shot. However I want her to take shooting seriously. I'm not going to treat it like a cartoon. Ya no sugar coating her..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

I was curious to read the responses on this thread. As I was just purchasing my first handgun I was a bit offended that manufacturers were "marketing" to women using colors. I guess it works or they wouldn't do it, but I was much more interested in having a gun I felt like I could actually use. I have no issues with people wanting a colored gun, but I would have preferred they market it less specifically to women. Im sure there are some men who'd like a colored gun too! For me... Like JeanP, I wanted my gun to be a bit more intimidating than the pink/purple and blue ones- they do look like toys to me. However, who knows... after I have my CC for a while, I might want to do something a little personalized. But, Id go : Link Removed

Had guns my whole life and was super excited to find my latest Glock in purple. But then again, I have always surrounded myself in my favorite color whether it be in my house, on the car I drive, in my office supplies, clothes I wear, or bags I carry. Only made sense that my everyday carry be purple also. I was considering having mine painted but lucked into finding one that already fit the bill perfectly.

For years, MrsPAcarrier had a 38 revolver - never carried it. It was too bulky.

I got her a KelTec PF9 because it was less bulky - never carried it.

She saw a Sig P238 with purple pearl handles and said, "That is SO pretty." And carries it everywhere, all the time.

Closest I ever got to getting a gun for my wife was one she saw in a Pawn Store. It was a Ruger LC9 purple pistol. But, she backed out and got cold feet.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back