Colorado Governor Talks Gun Control

Blackthorn

The man signs the legalization of pot in defience of Federal law then decides that the time is ripe to talk gun control. Busy week for the Gov... The article even refers to a possible presidential bid but he says he is too moderate. If he decides to go down the control path he might as well run for president as he'll be out of a job as governor in Colorado. Guess like all libtards he will use the control of the state legislature to push his agenda.

Link Removed

List of the Mayors against illegal guns (The Bloomberg Agenda Team).

Link Removed

The article says, "The mayors group says its supports the right to own guns, but advocates enforcing laws to prevent criminals for illegally obtaining guns and the deadly violence this fuels."
REALLY????? They are advocates for enforcing the law??? Hypocrites to the very end.... If that is their intention then they should prove it but they won't because they might lose votes..... Their object is control of the masses as they know best for us all.....

What they really need is to make it a federal crime with a mandatory 10 years in jail for anyone who commits a gun related crime, that will really be a step forward to controlling guns, leave the law abiding citizens alone and crack down on the criminals.

What a moron. Shortly after the movie theater shooting he was quoted saying that gun control would not have prevented the shooting. Now he has changed his mind.

All I know is he didnt get my vote. But unfortunately Colorado is the new California.

Like it or not, I think this is coming. Too many lunatics shooting up places. Firing up the uninformed masses. Just this week there was the Oregon mall shooting and now this morning an elementary school in CT. CO has had Columbine and the movie theater shooting. It doesn't matter to the anti-gun crowd whether or not gun control works. They feel they must show they're doing something, even if it's futile. Bloomy talks about keeping guns out of the hands of dangerous people but we know that's next to impossible. Just too many guns already circulating in our population. And remember, this guy will charge you for having a 20 ounce Mountain Dew. I think the uninformed masses DO beliee gun control works and will support his efforts. The NRA/ILA is gonna have a busy year.

The article says, "The mayors group says its supports the right to own guns, but advocates enforcing laws to prevent criminals for illegally obtaining guns and the deadly violence this fuels."

PRICELESS!

I saw a photo on Facebook of a car smashed into a tree; the caption read: "GUN CONTROL... is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

I also live in Centennial, CO, and I saw Hickenlooper and Tom Mauser (his son Daniel was a victim of the Columbine killers) on the news last night too. They are proof that God exists. How else can you explain how they can be so oblivious of the obvious and yet live long enough to be considered old. Guns are NOT the culprits here! People are! When they talk about death by firearms, death by drunk driving, death by lethal overdose, death by smoking, etc., etc., etc... What's the common denominator? It's people. Not to worry though... I hear the libs want to outlaw people anyway...

What they really need is to make it a federal crime with a mandatory 10 years in jail for anyone who commits a gun related crime, that will really be a step forward to controlling guns, leave the law abiding citizens alone and crack down on the criminals.

So if I shoot you I get 10 extra years but if I merely beat you to death with a baseball bat it don't?

That's already a federal crime and that sentence is already available, though not necessarily mandatory. Passing new laws won't help when they aren't even prosecuting for the laws already on the books. How many convicted felons get caught with guns or use guns in the commission of a crime every year? Lots. How many get prosecuted at the federal level? Almost none. Laws mean nothing if we don't use them.
And that wouldn't be a step forward in controlling guns. It would be a step forward in controlling gun crime, but that's the point you were making anyway.

Gee, you guys left out LEAD PIPES! A Pizza Delivery guy was beat to death by a thug using a lead pipe here two years ago for $18 and some loose change!

My point being that laws that single out guns play right into the anti's hands by vilifying guns above all other weapons.

If I shoot/ stab/ poison/ beat with a pipe/ garotte you to death are you somehow more dead than if I choke you with my bare hands?

Just wait will will have a bill introduced soon. Now that we are a blue state. We are going to need to be sending many e-mail and phone calles to our elected if we are going to stop it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back