Collect them all?

Pele

VA State CCW Holder!
Obviously there are states that won't accept CCW no matter how many licenses I have, not will I ever be able to get them. (Maryland, California, etc. Which is sad, because I travel through Maryland a lot. :( )

I've already got the Virginia. Whom else should I go for for maximum reciprocity?
Florida and New Hampshire?

Definitely New Hampshire. It's probably the easiest and cheapest one available. Check the Reciprocity Map and see if either will help.

Obviously there are states that won't accept CCW no matter how many licenses I have, not will I ever be able to get them. (Maryland, California, etc. Which is sad, because I travel through Maryland a lot. :( )

I've already got the Virginia. Whom else should I go for for maximum reciprocity?
Florida and New Hampshire?

I'd recommend UT over FL. The UT license will cover you in the same states as FL with the addition of WA state. Not to mention the price difference. Current price for FL is just over $100, and good for 7 years. The UT license is $65 and good for 5 years. That would make the overall cost for a UT license a little less expensive. One advantage of the FL license is that it's a "Concealed Weapons License" vs. the "Concealed Firearms Permit" that UT issues. Depending on the state, the "CWL" may give you more options in what you may or may not carry.

IANAL (I am not a lawyer), don't play one on telievison, and didn't stay at a "Holiday Inn Express" last night, so please consult with an attorney if you would like "legal" advice.

gf

One advantage of the FL license is that it's a "Concealed Weapons License" vs. the "Concealed Firearms Permit" that UT issues. Depending on the state, the "CWL" may give you more options in what you may or may not carry.

That would not matter except in their own individual states as any state that I know only recognizes the permit as what it would be in that state. For instance in SC a TN permit is treated exactly like a TN permit even though the in TN the permit is for OC or CC. The reverse is true that in TN my SC permit is an OC or CC permit where in SC it is only for CC.

A Weapons permit vs. a Firearms permit would make no difference.

UT is a good one to have.. in addition to what was already posted about it, the renewal cost is only 10 dollars for another 5 years... not sure what florida is, but if it's more than 10 bucks...

That would not matter except in their own individual states as any state that I know only recognizes the permit as what it would be in that state. For instance in SC a TN permit is treated exactly like a TN permit even though the in TN the permit is for OC or CC. The reverse is true that in TN my SC permit is an OC or CC permit where in SC it is only for CC.

A Weapons permit vs. a Firearms permit would make no difference.

FN, my FL permit allows me to carry a firearm or anyother weapon, as long as it is concealed. If I devise a way to conceal a broadsword, I can carry it. If reciprocal states recognize my permit as issued, I can carry it in those states. I know that OK specifically restricts carry to firearms only, regardless of the permit type.

FN, my FL permit allows me to carry a firearm or anyother weapon, as long as it is concealed. If I devise a way to conceal a broadsword, I can carry it. If reciprocal states recognize my permit as issued, I can carry it in those states. I know that OK specifically restricts carry to firearms only, regardless of the permit type.

I'm not sure that's correct, but please feel free to set me straight. I am under the impression that my Florida CCW permits me to carry in a reciprocal State, but while IN that State I must comply with that State's laws...not Florida's laws. Am I wrong?

I'm not sure that's correct, but please feel free to set me straight. I am under the impression that my Florida CCW permits me to carry in a reciprocal State, but while IN that State I must comply with that State's laws...not Florida's laws. Am I wrong?

Ektarr, you are correct. You must comply with that state's law, but some states allow the definition of the permit to stand.

:pleasantry: I have my Ohio CCW and I have received my Pennsylvania CCW and am waiting for my New Hampshire CCW to come .

Ohio =$55, Pennsylvania=$26, New Hampshire=$20

I believe this give me about the same coverage as the Utah or Florida CCWs :yu:

I would suggest not only going for the permits that have widespread reciprocity, but I would also try to get permits for states that you travel in a lot. I would rather show a permit from the state I was in at the time rather than try to explain that another state's permit was recognized during a nighttime traffic stop.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back