Cobra Handgun

sheashae

New to this
When I was 21 I bought a sub compact cobra .380. I knew nothing about handguns, so I took it out of the box and shot it a few times and saved it. I took it out a few months later and the gun was a jamming machine. After I starting visting this site, I took the gun apart cleaned it and oiled it. I have passed about 30 - 40 rounds through it and have had no more problems with it. Anyone here carry a Cobra brand gun? I think I paid $160 for it brand spankin new. I was thinking because it is so much smaller than my G 22 it would make a good summer carry gun, I just want to here other peoples opinions on this brand.

never had trouble with the one I had. You paid about the right price...typical plain jane little pistol. supposed to be pretty durable..didn;t run to much ammo through mine but it seemed to cycle O.K..

nothing spectacular to say about em though....

I agree with you. It was horrible until I cleaned and oiled it. Jammed every couple of shots. Anyone carry one of these on a daily basis?

I agree with you. It was horrible until I cleaned and oiled it. Jammed every couple of shots. Anyone carry one of these on a daily basis?

don't think I'd rely on it in a sticky situation..spend a few more bucks and get something dependable..
when it comes to guns in my expierience, you get waht you pay for..

don't think I'd rely on it in a sticky situation..spend a few more bucks and get something dependable..
when it comes to guns in my expierience, you get waht you pay for..

I know you are right, I just don't have the funds to get a g27 atm

I have one, I've yet to fire it. Pocket bug is what I bought it for. I can't find .380s anywhere. Maybe after the ammo shortage straightens itself out then I'll find some ammo to shoot.

I have one, I've yet to fire it. Pocket bug is what I bought it for. I can't find .380s anywhere. Maybe after the ammo shortage straightens itself out then I'll find some ammo to shoot.

My buddy has advised me that "The Gun Store" on Tropicana in Las Vegas has a nice selection of ammo. A little on the high side with regard to price, but then again IMHO it's better to pay a little more and actually HAVE the ammo rather than a very funky looking "club".

gf

Thanks, GF for the tip for finding ammo in L.V. However, we no longer have reliable transportation (had to sell the newest vehicle) so to get there is difficult. We take the Vet van over the hill into L.V. now, too. I checked the web site and found that they don't, but I wish they sold ammo online. Might ya care to pick us up some and hubby and I will reimburse you and make it worth your while for gas and time and maybe a home-cooked meal or dinner out next time you find yourself out this way? I make a mean Tamale Pie, an oven roasted chicken, and a tasty Pork Chop with rice soup meal! I love to cook, ask hubby! And I can bribe with the best of them. lol Be nice to meet you, too. I know, I'm dreaming. rofl

I've been able to get ahold of .45's everytime I go to American shooter supply here in Vegas...they also sell re-loads wich are decent. haven't had any issues with the 300 rounds of those that I have shot..

where bout in Nevada are you at gdcleanfun??

I have learned that cheap tools are not worth betting your life on.

How much is your family and your lifes worth?

Bad experience

I bought a new Cobra 9mm derringer through Gun Broker. FWIW, I already had a Kahr compact 9mm, and it's a fantastic pistol, but I wanted the Cobra for casual front pocket carry. No problem with the purchase, but when I opened the box and tried the trigger pull, my doubt of this gun's worth began. I can crush an empty beer can with my right hand, but you'd need this strength in your trigger finger to fire the Cobra. But that was just the beginning. I fired it for the first time yesterday. The trigger pull was worse than trying to pull a politician away from the pork barrel. That is, almost impossible. I got a shot off, cocked the pistol for the second barrel, and found that no amount of pressure would fire the pistol. In few words, then, out of the box this pistol is no more than a small piece of crap. I will contact Cobra today, and I'm sure they will ask me to forward it to them, but this will require mailing both ways through a gun dealer, which means added cost.
My estimation is no one could put this much low quality into a firearm without great schooling. We'll see, and I'll report back with what happens next.

I bought a new Cobra 9mm derringer through Gun Broker. FWIW, I already had a Kahr compact 9mm, and it's a fantastic pistol, but I wanted the Cobra for casual front pocket carry. No problem with the purchase, but when I opened the box and tried the trigger pull, my doubt of this gun's worth began. I can crush an empty beer can with my right hand, but you'd need this strength in your trigger finger to fire the Cobra. But that was just the beginning. I fired it for the first time yesterday. The trigger pull was worse than trying to pull a politician away from the pork barrel. That is, almost impossible. I got a shot off, cocked the pistol for the second barrel, and found that no amount of pressure would fire the pistol. In few words, then, out of the box this pistol is no more than a small piece of crap. I will contact Cobra today, and I'm sure they will ask me to forward it to them, but this will require mailing both ways through a gun dealer, which means added cost.
My estimation is no one could put this much low quality into a firearm without great schooling. We'll see, and I'll report back with what happens next.

My cobra experience is a little better than that. Mine fires and everything, but I agree on the trigger pull takes a hammer to get the gun to fire.:big_boss:

priceless, but I don't have the funds atm to get a good smaller gun

Sheashae,

You should check out gunbroker.com and gunsamerica.com... you might be able to find a good used sub-compact handgun that you can afford. Some of the sellers provide layaway service too.

I've been able to get ahold of .45's everytime I go to American shooter supply here in Vegas...they also sell re-loads wich are decent. haven't had any issues with the 300 rounds of those that I have shot..

where bout in Nevada are you at gdcleanfun??

We're over the hump.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back