CMP Marksmanship Park Talladega, Alabama

mudshark100

Last Thursday, I visited the new CMP Marksmanship Park in Talladega. This place is very impressive. State-of-the-art ranges. Electronic target system on the distance ranges (50 to 600 yards). Very inexpensive (shot half a day for $15). That is it. I didn't even have to buy any targets. A lot of fun. Just 10 minutes off I-20, 2 miles south of the race track.

Hi Mudshark100,

I agree a very nice, modern facility. I traveled there from Colorado for the inaugural match on June 6th the 71st anniversary of D-Day, the match was just for M1 Garands and other WW2 As-Issued rifles. The targets on the 200 yard line were also acoustically scoredl. Each shooting position had a monitor which displayed the calculated hit. The downside was that there were several large screen TVs in the clubhouse which displayed the hits on the targets in real-time so they proclaimed to the world how bad of a shot I was. You are fortunate to live close enough to easily get to that wonderful range.

Cheers,
Mick

Wow, I hadn't heard of this place before and I live in the same state. For only $15 bucks for three or four hours, it would be worth the ~3-hour drive to go up there. Thanks for the tip!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back