Close the Southern Border?

Horkos

It is not my intent to offend. But these are my thoughts imperfect as they may be.

Would it really hurt us as Americans, either economically or socially, to close the U.S./Mexico border. I don't mean forever, just as long as it takes to develope a safer more stable relationship. Now I understand this would affect the LEGAL immigrant families who visit family still in mexico. I am half hispanic on my daddy's side. My extended family including my grandma visit folks there regularly. But is that worth the dangers that now plague(spelling?) our great nation. The government officials in both governments can't even agree on how to manage the legal traffic that is currently allowed. Much less are they able to efficiently control the overwhelming surge of ILLEGAL aliens, drug traffic, and violence that daily bombards The Land Of The Free. Why do we NEED any relation with mexico? To party, to see relatives, for the trade of goods? I know I don't see "the big picture" and that there are many U.S. based manufacturers that have factories in mexico. But I once heard a theory that said the simplest solution is often the best. If our relastionship with mexico does America more harm than good, then why continue said relationship?

This is just my opinion. I'm sure closing the border will likely never happen. And the first IDIOT that brings up "racism" can kiss it! America is a great nation full of good honest LEGAL folk from all over the world. It is this collision of culture and ideas that gives us an edge over rival nations and makes our country superior. But the view from my tiny world is that we could do with a bit less mexico. Thank you for your time.

The southern border IS closed. There are fences, natural barriers, armed checkpoints with customs/immigration personnel at the most-used points of entry/exit, and patrols meant to keep illegal immigrants out.

The problem is the sheer expense of enforcing this closure. You're talking about literally sealing off 2000 miles, and stemming the flow of half a million illegal crossings per year. No small task. You're talking about pumping billions of dollars into Border Patrol, not to mention activating state national guard units, adding to an already bloated and strained defense budget.

It could be done...but not easily, nor cheaply, nor perfectly.

The southern border IS closed.
It could be done...but not easily, nor cheaply, nor perfectly.

Phil: I disagree with you in saying the border is closed. We do have the check points, Border Patrol, etc. you mentioned but the border is completely porous. It will never be completely closed because the current administration is pandering to the illegals in exchange for political clout. Improvements could be made to the system by enforcement of existing laws and forcing Mexico to enforce theirs. That will never happen because the government there is so impotent. A good example of how porous the border is, it was announced on TV the other day that 33 Mexican soldiers crossed into the US in vehicles. They were "supposedly" lost. How easy would it be for a tank battalion or other unit to cross the border? We don't have much to stop them but that is OK as long as they would vote for the democrats. After all, the Dept. of Homeland Security says the borders are safer now than ever before. Just think how easy it would be for a composite force of troops from, say, Mexico, Venezuela, Nicaraugua or other countries to invade us from our underbelly. We would be in deep kimchee. You are absolutely right about the expense of such an effort to close the border but as I see it we really have no alternative.

Close the border, Mine it, and plink at the narco-terrorists. How I would solve it.

The US-Mexican border is far from being secure. The only control points that exist are to provide a free flow of commerce between the countries, where inspections for illegal substances are done. The desert areas are open as the National Mall, with the bad guys controlling much of it, Think about this-Obama has ceded US territory to the narco terrorists, and at the same time prosecuting Arizona law enforcement for doing the right thing of apprehending the criminal illegals. Is Obama an American President, or a Traitor who must be held accountable ? The idiots in Washington wasted a billion on security system with towers, cameras, lots of men sitting in air conditioned cubicles watching the border with TV Cameras. We the people demanded a fence, congress funded it, then it stopped. Why was it stopped? I do not know the truthful answer.

I have advocated planting anti-personell mines in a strip a mile wide and the full width of the border. After a few wetbacks are turned into red mist, and some Arabs become dinner for the desert critters, I bet they stop comming. As it stands, we have no idea of who has entered the country with materials and the knowledge and will to kill mass amounts of Americans. I know they are here...only your government will deny it.

The US-Canada border is wide open too, with checkpoints on the roads
but the country areas are wide open. I dont care if I offend anyone when the security of our country is being treated as if were a jaywalking ticket. It is Obamas lowest priority, while he tries blame the gun problem in Mexico on American gun dealers, and gun shows.

There are many American companies with plants in Mexico, making cars, washing machines, appliances. etc. I dont see that the border with Mexico would ever be fully closed except in a war scenario, and with Obama driving the bus, it would probably stay open.

The real problem is the the Prez and Congress have failed in their number 1 job, and that is the security of the nation. I dont have one gram of respect for the politicians and the Prez, congress has shown it is filled with girly men and idiots, thieves, and criminals.
Until our government becomes responsible to the people, nothing is going to change for the better. Change will continue, change toward a Marxist government of the Obama regime. It is critical he is removed in 2012, and the commies and islamic bastards be hunted down and removed our government and congress. As long as the democrats are in the majority, the security of the country is at risk. They have proven themselves incapable of governing to the constitution, instead doing whatever they want, with disgegard for the American people--Obamacare isbut one example.
So, if I was in charge, both borders would be fenced, mined, and patrolled. I would have a designated area where Ordinary Americans could sight in their new Barret 50's, or sniper rifle they got for Christmas on the narco-terrorists on the far side of the border. Prizes would be awarded to the guy or gal that dropped the most narcos with the least amount of rounds fired. The goal is to make those bastards know that Americans are in charge now.
We do have a drug problem in the US and the efforts in the last 50 years show little improvement after the hundreds of billons spent on interdiction, prisons, DEA, and the thousands of good men working endlessly. Why are the drugs still comming in then ? Its because the US has failed to treat the problem. If illegal drug offenders had two chances, then its the firing squad, I bet within 10 years, drug use ends (either because the offenders all were executed, or they got religion).

Oh, and somewhere in all this all the illegals and their families that live in the US must be rounded up and deported, Illegals repatriated will never be allowed to enter the US again, under any circumstances. No Dream act, only the act of handcuffs snapping closed, and ride back to pig farm on the south side of the border.

EVICT OBAMA IN 2012

It is not my intent to offend. But these are my thoughts imperfect as they may be.

Would it really hurt us as Americans, either economically or socially, to close the U.S./Mexico border. I don't mean forever, just as long as it takes to develope a safer more stable relationship. Now I understand this would affect the LEGAL immigrant families who visit family still in mexico. I am half hispanic on my daddy's side. My extended family including my grandma visit folks there regularly. But is that worth the dangers that now plague(spelling?) our great nation. The government officials in both governments can't even agree on how to manage the legal traffic that is currently allowed. Much less are they able to efficiently control the overwhelming surge of ILLEGAL aliens, drug traffic, and violence that daily bombards The Land Of The Free. Why do we NEED any relation with mexico? To party, to see relatives, for the trade of goods? I know I don't see "the big picture" and that there are many U.S. based manufacturers that have factories in mexico. But I once heard a theory that said the simplest solution is often the best. If our relastionship with mexico does America more harm than good, then why continue said relationship?

This is just my opinion. I'm sure closing the border will likely never happen. And the first IDIOT that brings up "racism" can kiss it! America is a great nation full of good honest LEGAL folk from all over the world. It is this collision of culture and ideas that gives us an edge over rival nations and makes our country superior. But the view from my tiny world is that we could do with a bit less mexico. Thank you for your time.

If they can smuggle thousands of pounds of drugs over the border every month what makes us think someone couldn't smuggle a dirty bomb or small nuke? That border is a matter of national security. Has anyone in the Obama administration thought about this scenario? It's much more serious than illegal aliens.

If they can smuggle thousands of pounds of drugs over the border every month what makes us think someone couldn't smuggle a dirty bomb or small nuke? That border is a matter of national security. Has anyone in the Obama administration thought about this scenario? It's much more serious than illegal aliens.
It's more important to get votes for progressive liberals in both parties.

Horkos, I too am one-third latino. My grandparents came from Spain and I still speak and understand real fluent Spanish but I try not to because I am in an English-speaking country. Even though I am living here in the US, I am still as close to a sheila as any Aussie. But that is beside the point -- closing the border is not the answer, mate. We have to secure it...the whole nine yards of it! We will soon have soldiers who will be coming home to a country where 1 in every 5 males are unemployed. If they are able to secure some other countries, why can't they secure ours??? something is wrong somewhere?-- you betcha!!!

Tucker's Mom:216493 said:
Horkos, I too am one-third latino. My grandparents came from Spain and I still speak and understand real fluent Spanish but I try not to because I am in an English-speaking country. Even though I am living here in the US, I am still as close to a sheila as any Aussie. But that is beside the point -- closing the border is not the answer, mate. We have to secure it...the whole nine yards of it! We will soon have soldiers who will be coming home to a country where 1 in every 5 males are unemployed. If they are able to secure some other countries, why can't they secure ours??? something is wrong somewhere?-- you betcha!!!

I appreciate your respectful opinion but still think that atleast for the time being, a lockdown is best.

Secure it tight with Active Duty Personnel defending our boarders as the US Constitution allows. Where do we amass such a force? Bring back from ALL overseas bases and installations. Leave 3 o/seas; 1. Guam 2. Israel 3. Somewhere in the European theater. CLOSE and recall all our Military worldwide. This would be a start.

As for allowing crossings in and out of Mexico? You got Visa, papers, OK. If NOT "Se prohibe la entrada"...NO Entrance!

That border is a matter of national security. Has anyone in the Obama administration thought about this scenario? It's much more serious than illegal aliens.
Of course, every administration has thought about it. And you're correct, it is much more serious than illegal aliens. Check out the "Ten Regions Of The New World Order". It's in the making, better just get used to it.

Secure it tight with Active Duty Personnel defending our boarders as the US Constitution allows. Where do we amass such a force? Bring back from ALL overseas bases and installations. Leave 3 o/seas; 1. Guam 2. Israel 3. Somewhere in the European theater. CLOSE and recall all our Military worldwide. This would be a start.

As for allowing crossings in and out of Mexico? You got Visa, papers, OK. If NOT "Se prohibe la entrada"...NO Entrance!

Would have to leave them in Japan as well as we are duty bound to protect them from invasions...

Sounds like a great way to create a lot of jobs and increase the overall security of this country. Where to get the money?? Reduce our foreign aid handouts.

Sounds like a great way to create a lot of jobs and increase the overall security of this country. Where to get the money?? Reduce our foreign aid handouts.
Border security, jobs, and money aren't part of the "agenda".

Yes...start by removing the UN out of the US. They do not belong here. Then stop all aids to countries that only knows how to bad-mouth us. Start by removing the pretender to the throne of the US -- as he is also one that bad-mouthed us overseas (Imagine that!!! -- He is NOT an American!). I agree with you 100% -- and we can only help those who are our allies -- start with Israel, Japan, Australia, etc.....

Sell FL to Israel, use the money to buy Mexico, fix it up and "flip it" back to the Mexicans. Then I'll be swimming the Rio Grande to get into Mexico. They'll need the fence to keep "me" in America.
:biggrin::sarcastic:

Sell FL to Israel, use the money to buy Mexico, fix it up and "flip it" back to the Mexicans. Then I'll be swimming the Rio Grande to get into Mexico. They'll need the fence to keep "me" in America.
:biggrin::sarcastic:

Waaaaaait a minute.....I live in Florida. We don't need any suicide bombers down here. The drivers here are dangerous enough!

Seriously though, I firmly believe that the more Mexicans with money, the better off our country will be from an economic standpoint. Our biggest trading partner is Canada. Why? Because they're next door, they have money, and they like to buy our stuff. Mexico is next door and they like our stuff....they just need more money. Favored trade status and heavy American investment in Mexico is a good thing. They just neeed to get a grip on that pesky drug-war thing.

Hopefully they will be again in about 15 months.
Anything can happen in fifteen months. Who can say there will be an election? The entire world can change in less than 15 months. The U.S. isn't in charge, the NWO/OWO is GLOBAL, not national. The borrower is slave to the lender, America will conform, it's not a choice. America didn't get into this situation because Americans are smart, America won't get out of this situation because Americans are smart. Quite to the contrary. Changing presidents won't change the AGENDA. Don't be deceived.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back