Clinton, Obama Discuss Faith In Forum

HK4U

This is about a s funny as them claiming to support the 2nd amendment.

Clinton said she grew up hearing Bible stories and is especially fond of the Book of Esther. She said she believes that God wants people to relieve suffering.

Obama said he's "a devout Christian," but believes "Islam can be compatible with the modern world.

Clinton, Obama Discuss Faith In Forum
Candidates Address Prayer, Islam, Evolution

POSTED: 9:41 pm CDT April 13, 2008
UPDATED: 9:46 pm CDT April 13, 2008

GRANTHAM, Pa. -- Sen. Hillary Clinton said the notion held by some that the Democratic Party is elitist needs to be recognized and overcome.

Clinton, speaking at a Compassion Forum in Pennsylvania, was referring to a comment by Sen. Barack Obama, who said recently that economically frustrated people get bitter and "cling to guns or religion."

Speaking after Clinton, Obama insisted he hadn't meant to sound demeaning. Obama said he actually has been trying to get more Democrats into church to link faith with public policy.

Both said people of faith have a right to bring their religious convictions to public life.

Clinton said she grew up hearing Bible stories and is especially fond of the Book of Esther. She said she believes that God wants people to relieve suffering.

Obama said he's "a devout Christian," but believes "Islam can be compatible with the modern world."

He added that he believes in evolution, but also believes that God created the universe.

The two are reaching out to people of faith in Pennsylvania, which holds its primary on April 22.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Last edited:
Strange how these two seem to come up with things to say to fit the moment--only got to see a small portion of this tonight with Mr Obama, and can't remember the question he was answering, but he laid out an answer that went all directions and covered all angles of possible answers by the time he was done speaking--gave a long answer but said NOTHING of substance. Bizarre that people buy this stuff (for lack of a better family friendly word).

Obama

Strange how these two seem to come up with things to say to fit the moment--only got to see a small portion of this tonight with Mr Obama, and can't remember the question he was answering, but he laid out an answer that went all directions and covered all angles of possible answers by the time he was done speaking--gave a long answer but said NOTHING of substance. Bizarre that people buy this stuff (for lack of a better family friendly word).

Yep, he is a politition alright.

That's the goal to leave everyone going huh? If they can leave just enough doubt to make veryone think they heard what they wanted to hear but leave a critic going well that didn't answer the question then they have suceeded.

I know Republicans are no better I heard McCain once on the Tonight show and somehow during the comercial break he reversed his position, I can't remember the topic though.

can't remember the question he was answering, but he laid out an answer that went all directions and covered all angles of possible answers by the time he was done speaking--gave a long answer but said NOTHING of substance. Bizarre that people buy this stuff (for lack of a better family friendly word).

That reminds me of another Clinton we once knew.

is this not the worst election we've ever had? with the worst candidates?

It is in my memory anyway. I was just thinking how we watched Reagan's second term election as kids (okay, I'm dating myself here . . . ) and how exciting it was to see such a great man win by such a large margin. Remember the look on my parents' faces and the hope and optimism and peace in the room even though I didn't realize the full extent of why at the time. Thinking of my kids watching this election and all the nastiness and hate and lies and 3 candidates that don't inspire true hope for this country. What a difference 24 years makes . . . :(

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back