CLEAR that Chamber!

Yes, I have seen this...."I am the only qualified person in this room, that I know of, that is qualified to carry this Glock fohty"....BOOMMM!!!! ....Failure to clear his weapon!
He took it pretty cool though!.
"The gun is always loaded, finger off the trigger"

Yes, I have seen this...."I am the only qualified person in this room, that I know of, that is qualified to carry this Glock fohty"....BOOMMM!!!! ....Failure to clear his weapon!
He took it pretty cool though!.
"The gun is always loaded, finger off the trigger"

Yep, I saw on FOX News that he is now suiting the DEA for allowing the video to be releasd over the internet. Years later he is still unemployable (according to him) and the the realeased video has caused him loads of grief.

People make mistakes, everybody knows that. What has caused him grief, no doubt, was the fact that he was talking like a bad a$$ and acting like a gang banger.

Lesson 1: Complacentcy and Ego Kills

Yeah...Its an old video, but a favorite. Its a good lesson never to become too comfortable handling your gun. Its good to be a good handler, but to also be paranoid of your actions. I'd rather look like an idiot rechecking the chamber 42 times in a talk, then to risk injury to myself or others. Pick it up...check...put it down....check...unholster...check...fiddle...and check.

Yeah...Its an old video, but a favorite. Its a good lesson never to become too comfortable handling your gun. Its good to be a good handler, but to also be paranoid of your actions. I'd rather look like an idiot rechecking the chamber 42 times in a talk, then to risk injury to myself or others. Pick it up...check...put it down....check...unholster...check...fiddle...and check.

I so agree.

I remember this video, and it just points up something I've said for years (while I'm not an NRA Instructor, I did instruct pistol marksmanship for my Unit in the Army, and safety was front-and-center):

[In My Opinion], No one has ever been shot accidentally with a loaded firearm. People shoot themselves accidentally with firearms they think are unloaded, and thereby feel safe in letting their guard down. Every gun, all the time, under all circumstances, should be treated as if it were loaded. I used to say that you should imagine there's an endless laser beam coming out of the barrel and that, should it touch anyone in any way, that person would die. The imaginary laser beam should never, ever be allowed to cross the plane of anyone. If you have to turn and it would bring the direction of the barrel across someone, you had to go up and over them so as not to cross their plane.

Further, if someone had the courtesy to clear their weapon in front of you before handing it to you for examination, it's your responsibility to double check them and clear it again! This is not meant as an insult, or because you don't trust the other guy...it's just meant to be one more layer in a continuing effort to keep both your asses safe!

That's all I got...

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back