Cleaning your revolver.

flounder22

I`m sure that this has been covered many time in the past here but I am now an owner of a Taurus M85 Ulita-Lite stainless 38 SPL. First revolver that I`ve owned in 20 years, shoots great and I like it a lot. Please let me ask, what steps do you guys use now a days to clean your revolvers (without pulling the side plate) and what products do you use? Thank you for any and all advice on this. Karl :)

I clean the barrel and the cylinder with some Hoppes, then wipe the frame with a pad with some hoppes and I'm done

Me to very little maintance. M27 S&W was 25 years old before side cover was removed.No problem.

Be sure and clean the extractor and face of cylinder also. The following site may be of help. There are others as well.

Link Removed

I clean most of my pistols with Gunzilla

I picked this stuff up at a gunshow and thought it was a gimmick but after using it that stuff is very slick, cleans well, and does not leave a residue at all. I bought several more bottles. I think it is a very good general purpose 3 in 1 cleaner. I heard it does not work extremely well on heavy bore cleaning needs but for everyday cleaning this stuff is definitely worth checking out. www.gunzilla.com

I picked this stuff up at a gunshow and thought it was a gimmick but after using it that stuff is very slick, cleans well, and does not leave a residue at all. I bought several more bottles. I think it is a very good general purpose 3 in 1 cleaner. I heard it does not work extremely well on heavy bore cleaning needs but for everyday cleaning this stuff is definitely worth checking out. www.gunzilla.com

+1 on the Gunzilla. I've used it for several months now and it works great. It's a good general purpose cleaner and lubricant. The best part is that it's pretty much odorless, so you don't gas the whole house while cleaning your guns.:eek:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back