Clark County Date of Issue. Did I Get Shafted?

tlglenn

I am a resident of Arizona. I applied for a Nevada CCW via Clark County on July 30th. I received my Nevada CCW in the mail today. It was postmarked two days ago. I figured the date of issue must've been after Oct 1st so it would be good for five years. But, after I opened the envelope I saw that the date of issue was the same as the date of application so the permit is good for only three years. Did I get screwed out of two years of validity?

I would call and ask about it.

LAS VEGAS METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPT / CCW DETAIL
5880 CAMERON STREET
LAS VEGAS NV, 89118
702-828-3996
Hours = Monday - Friday (excluding holidays), 8am - 3pm.
CCW Info: Link Removed

Let us know what they say.

On the bright side, when you renew in 2 years, your non-resident permit will be good for 5 years instead of 3.

I called the office and the woman who answered said that the structure of the permit is set by state law and that the date of issue is the date that the fingerprints are taken and transmitted.

I am a resident of Arizona. I applied for a Nevada CCW via Clark County on July 30th. I received my Nevada CCW in the mail today. It was postmarked two days ago. I figured the date of issue must've been after Oct 1st so it would be good for five years. But, after I opened the envelope I saw that the date of issue was the same as the date of application so the permit is good for only three years. Did I get screwed out of two years of validity?

You might have. I took the CCW training in Washoe County on Marcy 12. I was told that it was a 5 year permit. They hadn't updated the written test and it was a free question for us.

Unfortunately yes. LVMPD does it by the date you apply, not the date of issuance. I don't know if this is the case for all counties in Nevada. Since FL and UT are now recognized in NV, there's no point in you renewing. It would surprise me if AZ didn't eventually make the NV recognition list.

Unfortunately yes. LVMPD does it by the date you apply, not the date of issuance. I don't know if this is the case for all counties in Nevada. Since FL and UT are now recognized in NV, there's no point in you renewing. It would surprise me if AZ didn't eventually make the NV recognition list.

I was warned not to take my nonresident CCW training in Las Vegas. They have some excellent classes from what I have been told.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back