"Citizens Against Senseless Violence"

buckfynn

I am curious what everyone's thoughts are on this video?

And please don't comment unless you watch the entire video.

LOL, OMG that was wonderful! Just shows how deep their convictions run, doesn't it? Gotta love Hippocrates!

All of these leftists are hypocrites. They just want to pass laws that effect others, but they are exempt from themselves. This just proves it, not one willing to put their money where their mouth is so to speak. And the ones that did chose to hide behind guns!!!

Watched the whole video... I was laughing my azz off at the hypocrisy. Thanks for posting!

loved it.maybe someone could print ad in the paper for the same neighborhoods that had the gun owners listed and actually list the gun free houses.i bet the same neighbors that was glad to see the gun owners list would get upset.i really do think that it didnt cross their minds that they were listed as gun free by process of elimination.i really dont......

Idiots!

Did you see where the Government bought 60K AR-15's recently
They said they are self defensive weapons......The sheep in the US are saying OK...you need them but we don't..

Dumb A$$e$... They don't deserve to live in my COUNTRY!

Really?

This is the same kind of journalism the MSM uses to mak their point. Only show what makes your point and if someone does actually does go for it simply edit it to not show that point being made. :shout:
10 minutes wasted watching something that means absolutely nothing to the discussion. :angry:
Just ask yourself if you would be willing to put up a sign in your yard advertising it if you didn't have guns, even without the fact that you are already in the publics cross hairs. :haha:

They are perfectly fine putting gun owner information out on the Internet, but they are unwilling to put a sign in their yard stating their convictions. What hypocrites! Mainstream media is totally unreliable anymore. It's nothing more than entertainment because none of the "facts" were actually checked out.

This is the same kind of journalism the MSM uses to mak their point.

The video was never intended to be characterized as "journalism." The video uses satire to portray a message about the insanity of "Gun Free Zones" and poke fun at members of the media which created an interactive map on the internet which made public the names and addresses of concealed carry permit holders in the Westchester and Rockland county areas.

Just ask yourself if you would be willing to put up a sign in your yard advertising it if you didn't have guns, even without the fact that you are already in the publics cross hairs. :haha:

I see nothing wrong with this bunch confronting such radical liberals face to face at their residences asking them to stand behind their anti-gun beliefs by placing a sign in their yard with "This Home Is Proudly GUN FREE!"

The video was never intended to be characterized as "journalism." The video uses satire to portray a message about the insanity of "Gun Free Zones" and poke fun at members of the media which created an interactive map on the internet which made public the names and addresses of concealed carry permit holders in the Westchester and Rockland county areas.

I see nothing wrong with this bunch confronting such radical liberals face to face at their residences asking them to stand behind their anti-gun beliefs by placing a sign in their yard with "This Home Is Proudly GUN FREE!"
My dad would definitely do that. He's a liar of course, like most liberals. He has a scary black gun but its ok because he has it locked up inside a safe with a trigger lock on it and a cable securing it to the safe wall. I asked him if he has secret kung fu to protect him from bad guy and he got pissed off. Typical.

This is the same kind of journalism the MSM uses to mak their point. Only show what makes your point and if someone does actually does go for it simply edit it to not show that point being made. :shout:
10 minutes wasted watching something that means absolutely nothing to the discussion. :angry:

Project Veritas, the company behind the making of the video, is the creation of James O'Keefe, the formerly amateur videographer (dare I say "journalist") who, with his partner at the time, Hannah Giles, exposed ACORN and Planned Parenthood for both corruption and racism back in '07 thru '09 or so. Undercover journalism has a rich history of exposing the corruption of government, and all they did here is extend the meme to the employees of the paper who took it upon themselves to "out" law-abiding citizens for doing nothing more than exercising their God-given rights, or at least some government-regulated/restricted version thereof. Hypocrisy, corruption and/or other criminal activity by leftists, whether corporate leftists or government leftists, are things which the public has an interest in knowing about. O'Keefe and his crew just provided that service. The criticism against his tactics is way over-blown.

Blues

Project Veritas, the company behind the making of the video, is the creation of James O'Keefe, the formerly amateur videographer (dare I say "journalist") who, with his partner at the time, Hannah Giles, exposed ACORN and Planned Parenthood for both corruption and racism back in '07 thru '09 or so. Undercover journalism has a rich history of exposing the corruption of government, and all they did here is extend the meme to the employees of the paper who took it upon themselves to "out" law-abiding citizens for doing nothing more than exercising their God-given rights, or at least some government-regulated/restricted version thereof. Hypocrisy, corruption and/or other criminal activity by leftists, whether corporate leftists or government leftists, are things which the public has an interest in knowing about. O'Keefe and his crew just provided that service. The criticism against his tactics is way over-blown.

Blues

Undercover journalism, what's that anyway? Let's call it what it is Ambush Journalism (NBC Dateline is famous for it, but against criminials), present yourself as something you are not in order to get there reaction in response to a scenerio you know up front they aren't going to be in favor. This has also been referred to sensentionalism by journalist and has been falling out of favor some time now.
So was James O'Keefe or Hannah Giles directly affected by the actions of Journal News themselves, did they have a direct vested interest in ambushing these people for the sake of journalistic interest.
I doubt it very much, they did it for the sake of monetary gain, hoping that they would be able to peddle this vid to someone as a way of making a living off of other peoples misery. As a law abiding citizen I find that distasteful and beyoud acceptance in a civilized world.
On ther other hand if an individual who was listed by Jounral News were to approach the editor and ask him to personally accept and post a sign to that nature in his yard, this I take as an appropriate response.
Beyond that the information is a matter of public record, any criminial enterprise could have requested the information for their own purposes of spreading it on the street for use against anyone living in those counties with an even greater likelyhood that someone was going to be victimized.
That being said, understand I don't feel that Journal News acted in good faith when they ran their story. Someone had a bright idea and they found out it was a very bad idea and realized they picked on the wrong people. Whether it be law abiding citizens or just the people of the State of New York, their response sent shock waves through Journal News that they didn't expect and they took steps to protect themselves, ironically with the same sense and purpose that we would by putting armed people in the line of fire.
So go ahead with a with line by line dispute whatever you want, really in the end it doesn't matter what you think it is your opinion and everyone knows about opinions. Opinions are like a$$holes everyone has one, some just show theirs more than other. :haha: In my OPINION.

Last edited:
Undercover journalism, what's that anyway? Let's call it what it is Ambush Journalism (NBC Dateline is famous for it, but against criminials), present yourself as something you are not in order to get there reaction in response to a scenerio you know up front they aren't going to be in favor. This has also been referred to sensentionalism by journalist and has been falling out of favor some time now.
So was James O'Keefe or Hannah Giles directly affected by the actions of Journal News themselves, did they have a direct vested interest in ambushing these people for the sake of journalistic interest.
I doubt it very much, they did it for the sake of monetary gain, hoping that they would be able to peddle this vid to someone as a way of making a living off of other peoples misery. As a law abiding citizen I find that distasteful and beyoud acceptance in a civilized world.
On ther other hand if an individual who was listed by Jounral News were to approach the editor and ask him to personally accept and post a sign to that nature in his yard, this I take as an appropriate response.
Beyond that the information is a matter of public record, any criminial enterprise could have requested the information for their own purposes of spreading it on the street for use against anyone living in those counties with an even greater likelyhood that someone was going to be victimized.
That being said, understand I don't feel that Journal News acted in good faith when they ran their story. Someone had a bright idea and they found out it was a very bad idea and realized they picked on the wrong people. Whether it be law abiding citizens or just the people of the State of New York, their response sent shock waves through Journal News that they didn't expect and they took steps to protect themselves, ironically with the same sense and purpose that we would by putting armed people in the line of fire.
So go ahead with a with line by line dispute whatever you want, really in the end it doesn't matter what you think it is your opinion and everyone knows about opinions. Opinions are like a$$holes everyone has one, some just show theirs more than other. :haha: In my OPINION.

So let me get this straight.....

O'Keefe and Giles should be condemned for going undercover to expose ACORN's willingness to help them get funding for a child prostitution "business?" They "ambushed" the poor, unsuspecting government-subsidized workers of ACORN?

They should likewise be condemned for "ambushing" Planned Parenthood workers who said that they would be glad to direct whatever donations O'Keefe might make towards abortions on black babies only, because, as O'Keefe implied, there were already too many black babies being born? In other words, all O'Keefe did was ask the most outrageous question he could think of that only a racist of the first order could possibly answer in the affirmative to, and he's the bad guy?

Yeah, your ideas might catch on......From now on people who want to expose the rank hypocrisy of leftists by turning their own Alinsky-esque tactics against them, should just walk in with a full, out-in-the-open camera crew with lights, microphones shoved in closet-racists' faces and just ask them on the record if they would be willing to continue the genocidal practice of abortion that Planned Parenthood was built upon (please tell us you know that's true, because if you don't, you have no business whatsoever forming an opinion about stuff you know nothing about). On the record, ACORN workers are just going to hand out forms to file for funding for an illegal business they know they're breaking the law trying to help. Is that right? Otherwise, it's "ambush journalism?"

Yep, opinions are like assholes. But just like assholes, some stank worse than others, and on this particular subject, yours stanks worse than most.

Blues

Around the Bush

So let me get this straight.....

O'Keefe and Giles should be condemned for going undercover to expose ACORN's willingness to help them get funding for a child prostitution "business?" They "ambushed" the poor, unsuspecting government-subsidized workers of ACORN?

They should likewise be condemned for "ambushing" Planned Parenthood workers who said that they would be glad to direct whatever donations O'Keefe might make towards abortions on black babies only, because, as O'Keefe implied, there were already too many black babies being born? In other words, all O'Keefe did was ask the most outrageous question he could think of that only a racist of the first order could possibly answer in the affirmative to, and he's the bad guy?

Yeah, your ideas might catch on......From now on people who want to expose the rank hypocrisy of leftists by turning their own Alinsky-esque tactics against them, should just walk in with a full, out-in-the-open camera crew with lights, microphones shoved in closet-racists' faces and just ask them on the record if they would be willing to continue the genocidal practice of abortion that Planned Parenthood was built upon (please tell us you know that's true, because if you don't, you have no business whatsoever forming an opinion about stuff you know nothing about). On the record, ACORN workers are just going to hand out forms to file for funding for an illegal business they know they're breaking the law trying to help. Is that right? Otherwise, it's "ambush journalism?"

Yep, opinions are like assholes. But just like assholes, some stank worse than others, and on this particular subject, yours stanks worse than most.

Blues

Never mentioned Acorn or Planned Parenthood, I spoke only in reference to the subject video and you never mention that in your response so what does that say? I never mentioned my views on the political misconduct of Acorn or the validity of Planned Parenthood. So you must be making things up as you go along regarding where I stand.
By the way I ate sauerkraut with onions that day so yeah it was pretty bad that day. :haha:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back