Citadel

missoak

Picked up my new Citadel 1911 9mm pistol today. Pretty decent looking gun. The finish is iffy at best. Doubt it will hold up to much rigorous use.
Went to the range BEFORE cleaning it. Results were as I would expect for a gun of this price. Had a few issues with FTF, not going into battery, etc. The Metal Form mags did not function as well as some Sig's I took. Ran some Rem UMC, some re-loads & finally some Rem. HP's. The FMJ ran the best, as was expected.
The trigger on this gun was very nice. Light & crisp. At 21', I was able to stay within a 3x5 target. All told, pretty impressive gun. Has some nice features you would usually find on more expensive guns. Not crazy about the huge BILLBOARD on the side of the slide...........
Paid $365 OTD from Bud's to my FFL.

Second time out the gun would not stay cocked. It would shoot ok, but had to pull the hammer back to full cock.
Called the Man., said I should box it up & send it in.

They received it 11/06. got it back 12/24. Originally they said a 3 week turnaround. Pretty sad CS.

Said they replaced the sear spring & " Tuned" it up.

Off to the range tomorrow to see if it's fixed.

Third time was a charm. (Sort of). Ran a bunch of different ammo through it this morning. Lawman, Fed, & some re-loads. No issues with the hammer, but 3 out of battery. Being a new gun, I can accept that.
Got it home & cleaned it real good. Had a couple small burrs on the rails. Hit them lightly with some 400 grit paper, & then put a little "FLITZ" on it & racked the slide about 500 times. Guess it's still a work in progress. Next time I'll run it "WET".
It is a good shooter though, hit the 3"x5" every shot.

I bought one of these a couple months ago. Runs like a mashed cat. Close to 1000 trouble free rounds. I love mine, best $329 I ever spent. I like shooting it more than any gun I've ever owned, and I got my first one 38 years ago. I have a way more expensive 1911, and this Citadel is every bit as good as it is--excluding finish. I'm not a big fan of parkered guns. As far as being a shooter, I challenge anyone to find a better value.

Third time was a charm. (Sort of). Next time I'll run it "WET".

Are you saying the first 3 times out you ran the gun DRY? If so that could be a big part of the issues you've been having. 1911's, especially NEW 1911's love a lot of lubricant until they're shot in. (Usually around the 400 to 500 round mark). I always make it a point to shoot all of my 1911's heavily lubricated. When you can see oil oozing out from between the slide and the frame, that's a good sign you've got enough lube on it. I've got a new Rock Island Armory 9 MM, 1911 I'm heading out to the range with to wring out in just a few minutes. I gave it a good wet cleaning, followed by a blow dry with compressed air, then a complete regrease and lubrication in all the necessary areas. I'll chime in later on today with my results. I'm bringing the original magazine, along with a couple from Dawson Precision. We'll see how it all goes. It's a straight no frills Government Model. This is the piece. I couldn't pass it up for just $307.00 brand new in the box!

WOW. Where did you get I would ever run a gun DRY? When I said "WET" I really did mean WET. My guns are always well lubricated. But not to the extreme where oil is gushing or dripping. But for this trip, I will use some extra lube. More than usual.

The gun ran pretty good. My son's girlfriend was with us & she had a couple out of batteries. But I would attribute those to limp wristing. I rapid fired a full mag with no issues. A couple more trips to the range & I think this will be a keeper.
Thank you for all of your advice & comments. Final word: for the money I would recommend anyone that wants a decent entry level in a 9mm 1911, to go for it.

I just got back from a very successful range trip with my Rock Island 9 MM, 1911. But I can't tell you about it because the O.P. went into b!tch mode.

I just got back from a very successful range trip with my Rock Island 9 MM, 1911. I ran a total of 250 rounds through it. Federal American Eagle 124 Gr. FMJ Ball, and 115 Gr. FMJ Ball in both CCI Blazer Brass, and Federal Champion. Not a single FTF or FTE in all 5 boxes. I had the gun heavily lubricated. So much so the first magazine full spit a little oil on to the lenses of my shooting glasses. The trigger pull on this weapon is simply superb! Better than the target trigger on my Coly Gold Cup. The sights, while not target quality, were dead on at 25 yards. The only issue was on one of the magazines I had with me, the slide didn't lock back on the last round about one third of the time. Hardly the fault of the gun. The Metalform Magazine that came with the weapon ran flawlessly. All and all it was a very good trip. When I got home I field stripped the weapon, and gave it a good wet cleaning in clean Kerosene, followed by a blow dry with compressed air, then a relube. She's good to go again another day. My guess is it won't be long. I really love the way this gun shoots. While I'm not much of a fan of 1911's for concealed carry, this is one I could possibly consider in that role.

Hey billt, don't know how to start your own thread? Where in my OP did I ask for a range report on a RIA?

Hey billt, don't know how to start your own thread? Where in my OP did I ask for a range report on a RIA?

Christ, pardon me all to hell. I didn't know you were going to get your nose all bent out of joint about it. Tell you what, I'll move it just so you'll be all happy again. Now you can scratch your ass and no one will care. I get a like for it, and you start to b!tch and moan. I broke even.

To be truthful sir, after reading a few pages of your posts, you bore me.
Hijacking someone's thread is just plain rude. It's like interrupting someone's
conversation. Didn't your folks teach you any manners?
You can run along now.

Hijacking someone's thread is just plain rude.

I didn't Hi-Jack anything. Why do you insist on acting like such a total F'ing b!tch? It's the same pistol, in the same caliber, manufactured by the exact same company, (Armscor), in the exact same manufacturing plant. Anyone wanting information on it was as or better served by what I posted, than by anything you put forth. So I don't know what the hell you're even bitching about? Unless it's that time of the month for you. Or else you feel your personal importance was diminished. Either way, I don't give a $h!t. Someone found what I posted to be useful, and liked it as a result. You didn't. Too F'ing bad. Take a Midol and get over it, and yourself. If anyone has derailed this thread, it's YOU with your insatiable appetite to pi$$ and moan.....You obviously require this to be spelled out for you. Here ya' go:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thread+Hijacking

"A thread hijacking occurs when one or more individuals commenting on the original posting, GO OFF TOPIC, creating a separate conversation."

Now, if you feel as though you need the last word in this matter, go ahead and take it. Personally, I don't see how you can possibly jam your foot in your mouth any further than you already have. But I'm quite sure you'll manage.

When someone at your intelligence level resorts to name calling or other derogatory remarks, I usually just open handedly slap them across the face. But of course with this situation being more of a fantasy world, that can't happen. But I guarantee that if you disrespect people in real life like you do here, you will get slapped.
You need to go back & read some of your previous posts. I just skimmed through it & I can't see where you've actually contributed a whole lot.

So, I'll make you a deal. Stay out of my threads & I'll stay out of yours.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back