No one can help you find the answer you are looking for unless you tell us where you are from. Each state has unique laws concerning firearms.
Since this is the Michigan forum lets assume he is from MI.
I'm not sure if a preschool is a school under Mi law:
(b) “School” means a public, private, denominational, or parochial school offering developmental kindergarten, kindergarten, or any grade from 1 through 12."
but if it is:
"28.425o Premises on which carrying concealed weapon or portable device that uses electro-muscular disruption technology prohibited; ...
(a) A school or school property except that a parent or legal guardian of a student of the school is not precluded from carrying a concealed pistol while in a vehicle on school property, if he or she is dropping the student off at the school or picking up the child from the school. As used in this section, "school" and "school property" mean those terms as defined in section 237a of the Michigan penal code, 1931 PA 328, MCL 750.237a."
Michigan Legislature - Section 28.425o
Lets not start a open carry debate but it would be the only sure legal option in MI.
However, MI's open carry with a CPL potentially addresses both issues.MCL 28.425o provides that a person with a validCPL shall not carry a concealed pistol in a pistol-free zone. First offense is a state civil infraction.The following is a list of the premises (excludingparking lots) included in the statute:
- School or school property, except a parent orlegal guardian who is dropping off or picking up achild and the pistol is kept in the vehicle
- Public or private day care center
- Sports arena or stadium
- A bar or tavern where sale and consumption of
- liquor by the glass is the primary source ofincome (does not apply to owner or employee ofthe business).
- Any property or facility owned or operated by achurch, synagogue, mosque, temple, or otherplace of worship, unless authorized by thepresiding official
- An entertainment facility that has a seatingcapacity of 2,500 or more
- A hospital
- A dormitory or classroom of a community college,
- college, or university
- A casino (R 432.1212, MCL 432.202)
MCL 750.234d provides that it is a 90 daymisdemeanor to possess a firearm on thepremises of any of the following:
- A depository financial institution (e.g., bank or
- A church or other place of religious worship
- A court
- A theater
- A sports arena
- A day care center
- A hospital
- An establishment licensed under the Liquor
The above section does not apply to any of the following:
- The owner or a person hired as security (if the
firearm is possessed for the purpose of providing
- A peace officer
- A person with a valid concealed pistol license
(CPL) issued by any state
- A person who possesses on one of the above listed premises with the permission of the owner or owner’s agent
Officers must be aware of the above exemptionfor valid CPL holders as many of the citizens who openly carry firearms possess valid CPLs.An individual with a valid CPL may carry a non-concealed firearm in the above listed premises.
A CPL holder is not required by law to carry apistol concealed. A CPL holder may carry apistol concealed or non-concealed.
A private property owner has the right to prohibitindividuals from carrying firearms on his or herproperty, whether concealed or otherwise, andregardless of whether the person is a CPLholder. If a person remains on the property afterbeing told to leave by the owner, the person maybe charged with trespassing (MCL 750.552).
So your a Michigan instructor and your blatantly suggesting to break state law?
MCL 28.425o provides that a person with a validCPL shall not carry a concealed pistol in a pistol-free zone. First offense is a state civil infraction.The following is a list of the premises (excludingparking lots) included in the statute...
- Any property or facility owned or operated by a church, synagogue, mosque, temple, or other place of worship, unless authorized by the presiding official
My old church came out and said no weapons. My new Church is fine with it. And my new Church is HUGE. Room to practice - it is also Gods Church - outdoors. I can still find tons of opportunities to be of service to others and the Lord without some obnoxious twit giving me orders that have nothing to do with Gods will.
Only illegal if the carrier doesn't have permission from the presiding official: