Christians: This is why the atheists here don't believe you

Eidolon

Alter Kocker
I just read a post in another thread in which a Christian actually told an Atheist something to the effect of “I can’t wait to get to Heaven because I won’t have to deal with you there.” Really? What part of the great commission is that from?

Jesus Christ called us to the ends of the Earth to spread the word, he said “Go out into the highways and compel them to come in that My house may be full.” Do you think Jesus is going to be happy that he doesn’t have to “deal with” that atheist in Heaven?

When Corrie Ten boom was in Jail (waiting to go to prison) the Gestapo interrogated her every day and everyday she would go into that interrogation room and she would sit there and she would proclaim Jesus to the very people that killed almost all of her family. One of them actually got saved because of it.

I’m trying to get a point across and it feels like I’m writing a sermon (definitely not my calling) but guys, being excited at the prospect of anyone on the face of this planet being cast into the lake of fire is not a Christian principle. Jesus said “ By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13:35 NKJV).

The Bible says out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. How can you spew this crap and wonder why they don’t believe your God is real?

I think most of us here realize that the Atheists have made up their minds about religion. Enough has been said by The Christian people here to try and explain their position. But it seems the Atheists prefer to taunt and ridicule those of us that believe in the Bible. Your post is another attempt to poke a finger in our eye. I personally do not care if you believe in any God, but I will not attack you for not believing. The majority of verbal persecution has come from the non believers. Maybe it's time to take your tired stories somewhere else, and see if you can find someone who cares.

I think most of us here realize that the Atheists have made up their minds about religion. Enough has been said by The Christian people here to try and explain their position. But it seems the Atheists prefer to taunt and ridicule those of us that believe in the Bible. Your post is another attempt to poke a finger in our eye. I personally do not care if you believe in any God, but I will not attack you for not believing. The majority of verbal persecution has come from the non believers. Maybe it's time to take your tired stories somewhere else, and see if you can find someone who cares.

Who are you to say who has or hasn’t made up their mind about religion? Jesus didn’t commission you to go into all the World (except for those who have made up their minds) and proclaim the Gospel He told you to go proclaim the Gospel and let Him worry about who gets saved an who doesn’t.

And even if they have “made up their mind”, Acts chapter 2 Peter preaches in Jerusalem to the very people that crucified Christ (think they might have made up their minds about religion?) and five THOUSAND of them got saved. He did it again a week later and 3 THOUSAND more got saved.

I want you to show me in the Bible where it says you get to treat people that don’t believe like crap. Do you think God loves you more than them? He saved you so you could go take the message to them not so you could tell them how happy you’ll be that they aren’t in Heaven (it was your post I was referencing BTW).

If an atheist wants to poke you in the eye the Bible says you take it and you count it all joy that you were counted worthy to suffer for his name. That was written by men who had just been beaten with in a n inch of their lives for their witness of Jesus Christ not just someone who had been made fun of by an atheist on the internet.

I can assure you that there are MILLIONS less true "Christians" in this world than most that call themselves "Christians" will admit..... Most all who claim to be, arent..... (yet they think they truly are...) There is something else though, and YOU, eidolon, THINK you know how one is supposed to be or act if one claims to be a Christian, yet you know even less than those who claim to be one yet arent.... Even the real/true Christians arent perfect, and a true Christian would NEVER CLAIM to be.... Perhaps you should seek after God, He says if you seek after Him, you will find Him, and if you only get one thing out of this post, please make it this: God cannot lie.....

(Mat 7:14) But the gate to life is very narrow. The road that leads there is so hard to follow that only a few people find it.

It is Gods will that none should perish, but that wont keep anyone that doesnt obey Him from spending an eternity in hell...

Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals

Rules for Radicals

By Saul Alinsky - 1971
-snip-
7. Tactics
-snip-
4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.
-snip-

I just read a post in another thread in which a Christian actually told an Atheist something to the effect of “I can’t wait to get to Heaven because I won’t have to deal with you there.” Really? What part of the great commission is that from?

The Bible says out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. How can you spew this crap and wonder why they don’t believe your God is real?

A rational description of the behavior of christians, by a christian, only to be attacked by a christian for speaking up. And that ladies and gentlemen shows the true heart of religion, intolerance for anyone that dares to think.

I sat in church Sunday morning and listened to a sermon on peace and love. It wasn't "sky-daddy" or any of these other taunts. It was a person preaching peace and love between people. The sermon said love your neighbor even if he doesn't love you. Make amends with those whom you're at odds. Accept people despite their differences. Help your neighbors. Help those in need. When I left the service I felt a sense of belonging with those who seek peace. The church was in the hood (yes, I went to that church my entire life and still do). It was packed despite the snowfall from Saturday and through the night. Numerous illegals. Gang kids, Spanish, black, white... no barriers, no bigotry. Just people joining together to believe in peace and love.
I've never understood an atheist who has a complaint about this sermon. What is so objectionable about a man preaching a message of love and peace. It wasn't "sky daddy." It was a message to be tolerant and to not fall into the trap of hatred and bias. What EXACTLY is so objectionable about a man instilling these virtues in people?

A rational description of the behavior of christians, by a christian, only to be attacked by a christian for speaking up. And that ladies and gentlemen shows the true heart of religion, intolerance for anyone that dares to think.

So you have two individuals, who both claim to be Christian, yet you generalize based off of only one of them? Why is it not, "The true heart of religion, is one who dares to think, despite those who are intolerant." Is the true heart of atheists, to generalize based off of one individual that promotes their bias?

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

Can't tell the players without a scorecard. I think there is a power greater than mine that will do the final sorting. So I'll try (all can ever do) to let others define themselves.

Bottom line is this, there will no Atheists in Heaven and everyone in Hades will be TRUE believers but it will to late for them!!

Can't tell the players without a scorecard. I think there is a power greater than mine that will do the final sorting. So I'll try (all can ever do) to let others define themselves.

you probably have the right idea. Scorecard would still be difficult. Just pretend there is an antagonistic minority quiet majority and everything else you could think about.

Jesus Christ called us to the ends of the Earth to spread the word, he said “Go out into the highways and compel them to come in that My house may be full.” Do you think Jesus is going to be happy that he doesn’t have to “deal with” that atheist in Heaven?

When Corrie Ten boom was in Jail (waiting to go to prison) the Gestapo interrogated her every day and everyday she would go into that interrogation room and she would sit there and she would proclaim Jesus to the very people that killed almost all of her family. One of them actually got saved because of it.

I’m trying to get a point across and it feels like I’m writing a sermon (definitely not my calling) but guys, being excited at the prospect of anyone on the face of this planet being cast into the lake of fire is not a Christian principle. Jesus said “ By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13:35 NKJV).

His statement may have been a clarion call to the atheist..."if you don't join me in heaven you may be burning in hell". There are lotsa different ways to get someones attention...one way is to illustrate how they may be abandoned.

So you have two individuals, who both claim to be Christian, yet you generalize based off of only one of them? Why is it not, "The true heart of religion, is one who dares to think, despite those who are intolerant." Is the true heart of atheists, to generalize based off of one individual that promotes their bias?

No, it merely demonstrates the truth that god is man-made.

Link Removed

Every single time a theists justifies their intolerance for another based on their interpretation of what their god stands for the above is proven true.

I sat in church Sunday morning and listened to a sermon on peace and love. It wasn't "sky-daddy" or any of these other taunts. It was a person preaching peace and love between people. The sermon said love your neighbor even if he doesn't love you. Make amends with those whom you're at odds. Accept people despite their differences. Help your neighbors. Help those in need. When I left the service I felt a sense of belonging with those who seek peace. The church was in the hood (yes, I went to that church my entire life and still do). It was packed despite the snowfall from Saturday and through the night. Numerous illegals. Gang kids, Spanish, black, white... no barriers, no bigotry. Just people joining together to believe in peace and love.
I've never understood an atheist who has a complaint about this sermon. What is so objectionable about a man preaching a message of love and peace. It wasn't "sky daddy." It was a message to be tolerant and to not fall into the trap of hatred and bias. What EXACTLY is so objectionable about a man instilling these virtues in people?

I don't, but that is not representative of every sermon, nor the views of every preacher. Here's more instructions from the same book.

His statement may have been a clarion call to the atheist..."if you don't join me in heaven you may be burning in hell". There are lotsa different ways to get someones attention...one way is to illustrate how they may be abandoned.

Merely Pascal's Wager, and the moment you propose Pascal's Wager is the moment you've conceded the argument of your god's existence. It is just the simple admission you have nothing but idle threats.

No, it merely demonstrates the truth that god is man-made.

Link Removed

Every single time a theists justifies their intolerance for another based on their interpretation of what their god stands for the above is proven true.

Who has Eidolon been intolerant towards?

Rules for Radicals

By Saul Alinsky - 1971
-snip-
7. Tactics
-snip-
4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.
-snip-

No. That is an excuse and it’s not even a good one. You can’t say “Oh I can’t live up to the rules anyway so I’m just going to do what I want” That is using God’s liberty as a license.

This isn’t some minute point of the law it’s someone who proclaims that they follow Jesus Christ telling one of the very lost that Jesus told them to seek and save “I can’t wait till you go to Hell.”

Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post

Rules for Radicals

By Saul Alinsky - 1971
-snip-
7. Tactics
-snip-
-snip-
No. That is an excuse and it’s not even a good one. You can’t say “Oh I can’t live up to the rules anyway so I’m just going to do what I want” That is using God’s liberty as a license.

This isn’t some minute point of the law it’s someone who proclaims that they follow Jesus Christ telling one of the very lost that Jesus told them to seek and save “I can’t wait till you go to Hell.”
Wrong. I am not commenting on God ... I'm commenting on those who stir the pot about God.

That's not why we don't believe. Here's a *short*Link Removed list of some reasons not to believe:

Many other vastly different religions exist: All proclaiming their truth [ie one true God].

Faith is rewarded to the same degree as disbelief; Prayer is a 50/50 shot.

God can't be proven.

The God of the Bible can be disproven; If he were really the author of the Bible, it would be much less full of atrocities, contradictions, plagiarisms and absurdities. The only real knowledge we have on the subject comes either from numinous, unverifiable personal experiences or ancient books of mythology which can be proven to be nonsense.

Religion, by nature, is deluding: Insubstantiality; When you ask God to do something and he does not, it is easy enough to come up with any excuse for him, and since he doesn't really exist any excuse fits neatly.

Science is better: It does have a method for obtaining answers, whereas religion simply claims answers.

The origins of all religions are clear: God was made in man’s image.
He was a creation of humanity from when we couldn't figure out any better explanation for the difficult questions of existence.

Religion is destructive: It separates, divides and isolates. Religion creates rifts and divisions in the world. It causes backwards-thinking and halts medical, scientific, and societal progress. It encourages people to be content rather than try to better themselves, and to trust in an invisible friend rather than strive to succeed.

Evil exists in the world: Epicurus; “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

"Free will" Is it the free will of all those precious children who die of leukemia, or AIDS, or SIDS, or who are born into the world handicapped or diseased at no fault of their own?

We are told anyone not accepting Jesus into their hearts are to suffer forever in a lake of fire. What of those who have never heard of Christianity. What of those who tried to believe and failed?

I can only believe what's known to be true.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back