Christians, Romney and the "establishment"

If you were stranded on a train track and the high speed train was coming and you didn't know it...
I definitely should be killed in the course of natural selection. The fool trying to save me is probably only looking to bolster the ranks of his irrational belief system.

I definitely WOULD have been killed by the course of natural selection. "If evolution was true." The fool trying to save me is probably only looking to bolster the ranks of his irrational belief system. The system I won't consider because I enjoy thinking there are no consequences for my actions.

Fixed it. ;-)

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

We don't care about numbers. We care about lives. Why would we care to put up with the stupid mocking we get, just for numbers or brownie points? I'm going to heaven. I'm loved and secure with God. I'd love for others to have the same. Pretty evil of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not irrational to oppose stupidity and deceit.
Not at all. I oppose that all the time myself. But I was speaking of irrational hatred of Christianity. That isn't even remotely opposing stupidity and deceit, though engaging in it arguably is. And attempting to defend it certainly is. And just a little advice. You might want to avoid lectures on rationality while making such arguments. It doesn't exactly cast you in a positive light to preach about rationality while you espouse unbridled bigotry and hate based solely on religious preference. I'll refrain from painting a picture but I think you get the idea.

Not at all. I oppose that all the time myself. But I was speaking of irrational hatred of Christianity. That isn't even remotely opposing stupidity and deceit, though engaging in it arguably is. And attempting to defend it certainly is. And just a little advice. You might want to avoid lectures on rationality while making such arguments. It doesn't exactly cast you in a positive light to preach about rationality while you espouse unbridled bigotry and hate based solely on religious preference. I'll refrain from painting a picture but I think you get the idea.
That'll be the day - when you have an idea I "get." What you "speak of" is unwitting support for stupidity and deceit.

Keep up the good work. Maybe you'll spawn an idea of your own some day.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That'll be the day - when you have an idea I "get."
I was quite evidently not stating the obvious because it wasn't a pretty picture and I didn't want to drag the discussion into the gutter. So that'll be the day when you get the obvious? Was that a deliberate attempt to turn a neutral remark into something negative so you could justify an attack on me, or did you really not get it?
What you "speak of" is unwitting support for stupidity and deceit.
I was "speaking of irrational hatred of Christianity." If you think that would be better described as unwitting support for stupidity and deceit then I guess you'd find a lot of people that would agree with you. I would.
Keep up the good work. Maybe you'll spawn an idea of your own some day.
And you think hatred is a new idea? Or hatred based on religion? The Persians, caliphates, Ottomans, Soviets, Nazis, KKK, Al Qaeda, ISIS. Nothing new about your ideas. Religious hatred has been around as long as religion has been. And you're right about me in that regard too. Denouncing such hate as irrational and stupid isn't a new idea either. People have been fighting such idiocy for a very long time, and I'm proud to count myself among them, even when it means supporting people not of my religion or not of my skin color. But maybe supporting other people is a concept alien to you. Maybe hatred prevents you from having such motives. Maybe you're too busy judging people to help them or support them. Maybe you're too busy trying to insult someone who wasn't attacking you to understand that not everyone fits that description you have crafted in your head when you think of Christians. I for one, have never met anyone that fits that description. I'm actually kind of curious where you have. I'd ask you, but I'm sure your bigotry mode would kick in and you'll make some nonsensical claim like it's wherever Christians are found. I also have to wonder what horrible damage has been done to you in your life that the actions of another person attempting to help you could create such a venomous reaction. But I know for certain you'd never answer that. It's always someone else's fault, like Christians maybe. Liberals do that a lot. Claim it's always someone else's fault. That seems to be more and more prevalent with our young people these days too.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back