CHL processing time

jim fox

Anyone have an idea as to how far behind DPS is in processing CHL applications and renewals?

Mine and a friends both took almost 3 mo. for a renewal. I know of several new ones that were almost 3mo also.

Delayed Application

as a heads up, if you are a vet, and applying and claiming the exemption for the processing fee at DPS, include a copy of your LES or Orders with your application, this will prevent a delay in the process. I included a copy of my ID card, but that was not good enough. The class didn't mention anything about it. Who knows when mine will be complete. just more rules

Last edited:
CHL wait

Finally after 151 days, waiting on Harris and Galveston County back ground cks,

"Application Completed - license issued or certificate active:dance3:

now the mail box wait begins

My application was received in Austin on March 30. Returned for finger prints (actually, when they were taken I had my doubts), new digital prints received in Austin on June 6. Online status still says "Processing Application". April, May, June, July, August and now midway through September. Who knows, maybe I will set a new record for the longest wait for a CHL in Texas. The TWIC card from Homeland Security only took 3 weeks!!! Well,,, the wait continues in Harris County, Tx.

I sent mine off July 15th and got it back September 22nd, I forgot to sign a paper thus increasing my wait time as well

I sent everything in 4/1/2011 and as of today it still says something about waiting for background check :-/ My son sent his in a couple weeks after me and he has already recieved his chl, I think maybe its faster for him because he already had a military security clearance IDK.

Well I took my class March 26th, sent in all paperwork April 1st and today 06/13/11 the website said my Liscense is in the mail. :)

Well if anyone is reading my updates, March 26th took class, mailed paperwork April 1st and recieved my CHL today June 17th. :)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back