Chineese firms building our bridges

This one should be tough for the supporters of the current regime to swallow....AND it comes from ABC NEWS...no Snopes or Wikileaks on this one!!

U.S.A.Bridges and Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms

Shocking to say the least! This video is a jaw-dropper that will make you sick. (It was also shocking that ABC was actually reporting this story.)

The lead-in with Obama promising jobs in the U.S. by improving our infrastructure is so typical of all his promises! Our tax dollars are at work - for CHINA!!!

I pray all the unemployed see this and cast their votes accordingly in 2012!

Click here: U.S. Bridges, Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms | Video - ABC News

(Sorry, but there's a short commercial at the start.)

I saw the video a while back when the story first broke. While I have no problem with states doing business like this with foreign-owned companies, I do have a problem with bringing foreign workers over here to do the job (aside from maybe a handful of engineers, etc. to supervise). Can you say "kickbacks"??

On the other hand, not all American companies are as American as they seem. Several years ago I read a story about a town needing a couple of tractors for their public works dept. (I don't remember the town...somewhere in the midwest I believe). They narrowed their search to 2 brands - John Deere and Kubota. "Buy American" won out and they decided on the Deeres, that is until somebody did a little research and found that Kubota tractors were assembled here in the US using more American-made parts than the Deere. More Americans were used to build the Japanese tractors than the American tractors. The town bought the Kubotas.

Bottom line: A little research can go a long way.

If they can do it better and cheaper, then by all means they should get the work. Can't just say build American or buy American without it making competitive sense. The really problem is how do you help US firms become more competitive. I think we all know how.

Why would this surprise me when Idaho is offering citizenship to foreign investors who build companies worth X number of dollars and employ X number of people?

Why would this surprise me when Idaho is offering citizenship to foreign investors who build companies worth X number of dollars and employ X number of people?

I don't think an individual state can offer US citizenship (that's a federal thang) but what you speak of has been around for a while in one form or another. A US passport does have a pricetag on it and those willing to pump enough money into our economy will be on the fast track to acquire one.

This one should be tough for the supporters of the current regime to swallow....AND it comes from ABC NEWS...no Snopes or Wikileaks on this one!!

U.S.A.Bridges and Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms

Shocking to say the least! This video is a jaw-dropper that will make you sick. (It was also shocking that ABC was actually reporting this story.)

The lead-in with Obama promising jobs in the U.S. by improving our infrastructure is so typical of all his promises! Our tax dollars are at work - for CHINA!!!

I pray all the unemployed see this and cast their votes accordingly in 2012!

Click here: U.S. Bridges, Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms | Video - ABC News

(Sorry, but there's a short commercial at the start.)

I guess that's part of the deal he made with Mao Tse-tung when he visited last year since we owe them so much money. Where are the unions to fight this? Oh, that's right they're in the politicians pockets. I think we need to run them little sub-human bastages off

I don't think an individual state can offer US citizenship (that's a federal thang) but what you speak of has been around for a while in one form or another. A US passport does have a pricetag on it and those willing to pump enough money into our economy will be on the fast track to acquire one.

You're right. It's done in cooperation with the Feds. Frankly, I'm fairly liberal and usually don't give a rip what the government is doing or what the conspiracy theorists say they're doing. But offering permanent U.S. residency in exchange for helping create U.S. jobs...? Meh...sketchy. Link Removed

But offering permanent U.S. residency in exchange for helping create U.S. jobs...? Meh...sketchy.

Unless of course you're one of the Americans who have a job because of this program.

I'm torn on the issue, especially now with the economy in such a bad state.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back