Child Custody Issue

If you can, have the Child Support Enforcement Bureau in your state, set up an account and send the money to them. Let the Bureau garnish your check, or set up an allotment. This will prove to the state you are making payments and keep them from coming after you.

My ex is trying everything she can to have me arrested for my arrears. I spoke with the head guy for the state and he said as long as they know where I am working, and I am making a good faith payment (they garnish 60% of my pay) there is nothing anyone will do to put me in jail.

I understand what you guys are going through because my husband and I have gone through much of the same with his X. I really hate how men are treated in these cases. It really sucks because it is really the kids that suffer at the hands of the greedy and inconsiderate wenches that play these games. My step-son is a great kid and it kills me to see him being tortured by HER. He is already showing signs of resentment towards her, but it's her own fault and I don't feel sorry for her at all. Sorry I guess I'm ranting a little because we just went through a bit of a cluster flub with her.
Has a side note not all of us women are the typical X from h***

wildcathunter keep strong and we will keep you and your son in our prayers.

I was divorced in 1988 and my son was 8 years old at the time. I moved from Oklahoma to Missouri and the divorce decree stated that my son was to fly to Missouri every two weeks (my expense) to see me. After two trips my ex stopped sending my son to see me. Her excuse was that it was to much trouble and time to drive him 45 miles to the airport. I took her to court and the response I got from the court was as follows.

It does not state that she is required to take him to the airport.

So for eight years I drove round trip from St. Louis to the Tulsa area every other weekend. I would get off work at 2200 and head to Oklahoma and pick him up at 0800 Saturday morning. Then drop him of at 1800 Sunday night and head back to St. Louis.

He got his first car on his 16th birthday and started driving himself to the airport.

I was divorced in 1988 and my son was 8 years old at the time. I moved from Oklahoma to Missouri and the divorce decree stated that my son was to fly to Missouri every two weeks (my expense) to see me. After two trips my ex stopped sending my son to see me. Her excuse was that it was to much trouble and time to drive him 45 miles to the airport. I took her to court and the response I got from the court was as follows.

So for eight years I drove round trip from St. Louis to the Tulsa area every other weekend. I would get off work at 2200 and head to Oklahoma and pick him up at 0800 Saturday morning. Then drop him of at 1800 Sunday night and head back to St. Louis.

He got his first car on his 16th birthday and started driving himself to the airport.

dang man i feel ya... i use to live in tulsa and had to make the trip to st. louis regularly.. not an easy poke. but my question is if she lived in the tulsa area i mean they have a top rate airport and has daily if not hourly commutes to st. louis. i know because the airline i worked for had several a day.

Adopt me?

Reading a post like yours makes me believe in fathers. Let me just say that my father, though he knew of my existence, never made any effort to contact me.

I hope that I will be able to emulate your determination if/when I have a child. Good on you and good for your son. I am sure that he is much better for it.

I'd sue the smack out of them. Buy your kid somethin nice...they have the money. As far as why he would have done this? The only motive I could conclude if it were me is that he was trying to hump your EX...sorry to be blunt but why the hell else would he put his job on the line??

Make an example out of him because I went through a similar issue and the officer ALWAYS took her side! Fathers have no rights if you ask me!!

Sorry to bother you,but I love your video of the dog leaping over the car,and taking out the bad guy,shooting at the cops.Amazing !!!!!!

dang man i feel ya... i use to live in tulsa and had to make the trip to st. louis regularly.. not an easy poke. but my question is if she lived in the tulsa area i mean they have a top rate airport and has daily if not hourly commutes to st. louis. i know because the airline i worked for had several a day.

She actually lived in Tahlequah, so it was a little bit of a drive that she did not want to make. My on is now 29 years old and is getting married on May 9th.

She actually lived in Tahlequah, so it was a little bit of a drive that she did not want to make. My on is now 29 years old and is getting married on May 9th.

well congratulations to your son... hopefully he will never have to deal with the troubles we have. i will be back in Tulsa come football season. my Alma mater Oklahoma state is playing Georgia bulldogs. Been a life long dog fan so its gonna be interesting.

At least you got to see your kid. My ex-wife is a strong practicioner of "Parental Alienation" and I can't get the court to do anything about it. Unless of course I can pay thousands of dollars to a lawyer. And seeing the courts have made sure I stay flat broke, that ain't going to happen. :frown:

I went 23 years without seeing or speaking to my daughters. In October 2007, the oldest one contacted me. In September, 2008, my current wife and I went to see my daughters, finally. God bless you guys and I hope everything works out for you.

Wolfhunter - glad to see your were finally reunited. I'm hoping for the same someday myself. Was your daughters brainwashed by your ex?

The reason I ask is I think my son is/has been brainwashed by my ex probably to the point that he is extemely fearful. No there is absolutely no basis other than here using this as a way of punishing me for????? She's nuts.

How was the reunion?

I am so glad my ordeal is over. And yes they do figure it out in the end. When they are old enough to understand what is going on they will start to fight back.

I pray for all who are going through these tough times.

Wolfhunter - glad to see your were finally reunited. I'm hoping for the same someday myself. Was your daughters brainwashed by your ex?

The reason I ask is I think my son is/has been brainwashed by my ex probably to the point that he is extemely fearful. No there is absolutely no basis other than here using this as a way of punishing me for????? She's nuts.

How was the reunion?

Unfortunately for the girls, my ex pulled the same stunts with them as she did with me, so they figured out what was going on as teenagers. Also, my ex-sister in law knew me before my ex did, and told the girls what a great guy I am (she thinks).

From what I've seen in my case and others, the kids eventually figure out what's going on. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

... the kids eventually figure out what's going on. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

I wish. I had grandkids for a total of about 2 months, then the daughter began to put in her digs about what a rotten father my husband had been, still is. The daughter is in her 40s. She still does not gettit! There are none so blind as those who will not see!!! I no longer get to see the grandkids. Maybe someday the grandkids will "see."

Man, I read this and felt so bad for you....I had to put in my .02. I have been divorced for over 10 years and have been awarded custody from the very get go, and have been through so much that I feel for you. First off, the LEO can't speak to the judge.....she(your ex)would have to file a contempt of court, they would have a hearing which you would have been notified of so you could have your attorney represent you. Then she has to prove that your in contempt, which from what you state, she never would have succeeded.

You know it's a shame that the officer did that to you, I don't blame you a bit.....I would sue that county and make that deputy suffer the consequences. I hope he loses his job for playing with you like that. Good luck my friend, I hope the best for you!!!!!!

Man, I read this and felt so bad for you....I had to put in my .02. I have been divorced for over 10 years and have been awarded custody from the very get go, and have been through so much that I feel for you. First off, the LEO can't speak to the judge.....she(your ex)would have to file a contempt of court, they would have a hearing which you would have been notified of so you could have your attorney represent you. Then she has to prove that your in contempt, which from what you state, she never would have succeeded.

You know it's a shame that the officer did that to you, I don't blame you a bit.....I would sue that county and make that deputy suffer the consequences. I hope he loses his job for playing with you like that. Good luck my friend, I hope the best for you!!!!!!

As a guy who's been through a Divorce and a retired LEO, I can easily say the Deputy was wrong. He does NOT have an opinion on contempt of court. THE JUDGE has an opinion on contempt of court. The Officer cannot arrest you for contempt of court unless he has a piece of paper in his hand or knows of an active warrant for your arrest, issued by that Judge. Only a Judge can charge contempt of court and in Divorce or child custody, there usually has to be a hearing or motion made before him. (Unless it's for a Protective Restraining Order from Violence) He was bluffing you to get you to give up the kid to settle the problem, because your ex-wife had *1) already spent several minutes with him convincing him that you were a scumbag and an evil person, (happens everyday)*2) advised him that you are always doing this and the cops always have trouble out of you,(happens everyday) *3) had a paper that says you were supposed to have him back at a certain time. But he didn't want to go out on a limb and make a decision concerning the holiday time. However he had no problem making a decision on using the contempt of court scheme. I constantly saw ex-wives telling the LEO all of the trouble that the ex-husband had been in or caused, in order to sway the way you are treated and to have the upper hand advantage with Law Enforcement. I got to the point that this didn't work after I saw what was happening after a few times.

Always understand, the complainer has the first say-so with the LEO. They can tell them almost anything, and when they approach you, they have a mindset of you're the bad guy or they have their mind made up already. I've seen it happen too many times. Yes, alot of times the man is the problem if he was violent with the spouse. Some guys get it extra bad if they got caught fooling around or left her for another woman. It's now the womans time for revenge. I can only say this. It's a very tricky and dirty world for a LEO when dealing with Divorced People. He hears it from both sides, but who's telling the truth? I really feel for you in this situation, and believe the LEO in this instance was wrong and lied to you for a bluff and sided with your wife, instead of trying to stay neutral.

you are exactly right. she did fill his head full of crap. but i can tell you thing, he is no longer a deputy in the county i live in. sheriff had enough of his bs

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back