Child, 4, Shoots Self at Sam's Club With Grandma's Gun

HK4U

This is really sad. I feel very sorry for the little girl but I would like to know how you let a 4 year old get hold of the gun like that. Not good and not good PR for those of us that are trying to educate the public on 2nd amendment rights. I can just hear the Brady Bunch now.

This is really sad. I feel very sorry for the little girl but I would like to know how you let a 4 year old get hold of the gun like that. Not good and not good PR for those of us that are trying to educate the public on 2nd amendment rights. I can just hear the Brady Bunch now.

+1 There are times in life where we need to really consider what we're capable of doing safely. As with those "senior citizens" who need to turn in their driver's license, there comes a time where they should give up their guns as well.

gf

+1 There are times in life where we need to really consider what we're capable of doing safely. As with those "senior citizens" who need to turn in their driver's license, there comes a time where they should give up their guns as well.

gf

I would be careful about that. Just like antis are famous about using the actions of irresponsible people to punish everyone else, you are using the actions of one irresponsible elderly person to justify punishing all elderly people, and that is something I cannot and will not agree with. The 2nd amendment does not establish an age limit for RKBA, and that's the way it ought to be.

I would be careful about that. Just like antis are famous about using the actions of irresponsible people to punish everyone else, you are using the actions of one irresponsible elderly person to justify punishing all elderly people, and that is something I cannot and will not agree with. The 2nd amendment does not establish an age limit for RKBA, and that's the way it ought to be.

I'm not talking about punishing all elderly people based on age. I'm talking about family and friends being able to convince the elderly person that they're being unsafe and giving them the option to decide if they will continue to carry a firearm. Not to embarrass the elder, rather in the interest of safety of others. If we don't police ourselves, I'm sure the government and the "anti" movement will be more than happy to do it for us. :eek:

gf

Watch out who you are calling elderly. :crazy0: The grandmother in this case is 47 years old and I would not consider that elderly at all.

As an added note the bullet was a .32 and not a .22 as originally reported and did go all the way through the little girl.

Watch out who you are calling elderly. :crazy0: The grandmother in this case is 47 years old and I would not consider that elderly at all.

As an added note the bullet was a .32 and not a .22 as originally reported and did go all the way through the little girl.

Yikes! That's pretty scary! :eek: Kind of reminds me of Delta Burke in the television show "Designing Women".

gf

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back