Chick with guns

very nice article. Liked the part where some of the women said they outshoot their men. My wife is a much better shot than me.

Chicks with guns are cool!

chicks_with_guns.jpg

WOMEN with guns even better!

Link Removed

very nice article. Liked the part where some of the women said they outshoot their men. My wife is a much better shot than me.

A good friend of mine who absolutely qualifies under any/every possible definition of "gun nut" had a wife (now ex-wife,) that wasn't thrilled about guns, but didn't object to them, either.

After they divorced he got a bumper sticker (completely in jest, since they're still friends,) that reads "I still miss my ex, but my aim is improving". I told him it was obviously for his car, since I *KNOW* his ex wouldn't miss.

For being a gun nut, who easily shoots 500-1000 rounds of various ammunition a week, his aim is atrocious. Even when he only had one pistol and practiced with it weekly, his aim was atrocious. And I know it wasn't the pistol's fault, because his wife did very well with it. (Even funnier, it's a .45, and she is a small woman, while he is a large man.)

For an example, here's the combination of two of my hobbies: firearms and vintage computers:
When you see the picture-in-picture, I was operating the camera. When it drops to one picture, I was participating in the multi-person shoot. I can confirm that the shot that I replay in slow motion a few times was me with my shotgun. :D

I wonder if the guy you mentioned who's shooting is atrocious has considered dry practice? There are too many good reasons for it, not the least is reducing flinch while improving sight picture, trigger control, etc... Just a thought.

Females more often get into shooting at an older age than males and haven't aquired bad habits. That's my explanation anyway.

I wonder if the guy you mentioned who's shooting is atrocious has considered dry practice? There are too many good reasons for it, not the least is reducing flinch while improving sight picture, trigger control, etc... Just a thought.

heh, What's funny is he has no problem with flinch. I've done fairly close-up videos of his hand while shooting, and his hand is rock solid through the trigger pull. He just has horrendous aim.

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back