Chicago Police Superintendent Being Blamed for Increase in Crime

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
I saw this story on the news yesterday (I don't actually live in Chicago, but, Northwest Indiana, which is where I live, is part of the Chicago media market). Basically, crime is up in Chicago compared to last year, and instead of placing the blame where it belongs, on criminals, the police are being blamed.

Link Removed

It never ceases to amaze me how anti-LEO the left tends to be; if crime increases, then the police aren't doing enough. If it goes down, they blame strongarmed Gestapo-like tactics. In either case, you may notice that they never place the blame on the people who are actually committing the crimes.

I think a major portion of the blame should be laid at the feet of Emperor Dailey and his henchmen for not allowing the citizens the basics to defend themselves.

Gun control at work here. It seems the more control they have, the more crime there is. D.C is actually more dangerous per capita then Baghdad...i bet Chicago is not far behind.

I would not do that job for all the money in the world. Because no matter what you do it will come back to bit you in the ______ . They just don’t get it.

well maybe something they should think about is getting rid of their corrupt cops? I mean sure, not all of them are.. but I can't count the times I have watched stories on tv with chicago and a criminal with a badge. not to mention the fact that they make it harder on the good cops when they are expected to defend everyone because the citizens there don't have the basic right to defend themselves. get a clue people of chicago!

Last edited:
well maybe something they should think about is getting rid of their corrupt cops? I mean sure, not all of them are.. but I can't count the times I have watched stories on tv with Chicago and a criminal with a badge. not to mention the fact that they make it harder on the good cops when they are expected to defend everyone because the citizens there don't have the basic right to defend themselves. get a clue people of Chicago!

i agree with your but that will not happen until you get rid of the corruption at the top. As long as Dailey and and others in his political machine are there there will be no real change

I Read A Story this morning

on another forum that the governor of illinois is planning on combat helicopters from the National guard "helping" to patrol the mean streets of Chicago..... police state anybody?!

on another forum that the governor of illinois is planning on combat helicopters from the National guard "helping" to patrol the mean streets of Chicago..... police state anybody?!

Not only that, but Czar (oops, I meant Mayor) Daley also claims that if, in light of the SCOTUS Heller ruling, Chicago is forced to eliminate its handgun ban, he'll have to raise taxes to pay for the additional police that will be needed to fight the increase in crime that will inevitably follow.

talk of getting officers into better shape and his decision to move some of them into the streets and out from behind desks they'd been sitting at for years.
Yeah, I could see how having to move around would rankle some tenured officers.

One reason perhaps that Weis finds himself under such scrutiny is that he took the job at the exact time City Hall is making its push to get the 2016 Olympic Games. And a big part of any city's bid is its ability to keep visitors safe — in Chicago that means keeping visitors safe in Grant Park, which is not only the site of the Taste of Chicago but a spot where huge crowds will descend if the city gets the games.
They'd be better off by recognizing CWPs from other states. That would keep people immeasurably safer and also cost them less $$.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back