Check THIS out!!

Ektarr

Dedicated Infidel
Your opinions are invited...

Link Removed

So is the message of this movie that to check out a vest one should put it on their daughter and shoot her?:fie::fie:

Brings to mind a new plank in my domestic policy platform:

All liberal Hollywood actors are to be contained on a deserted island where they can tape this kind of sh#t to their hearts' content. If they wish any movie be made available for general consumption, they must swim the video to the mainland through Great White Shark infested waters, after having shaved (women included) with dull razors.

Perhaps the idea was to portray all gun owners as idiots. You don't think the wackos in Hollweird would do that do you?:wacko:

It IS a movie, right?

Wait a sec......

*puts on flame retardant underwear*

This IS just a movie. It is rated "R", and, thus, is not meant for consumption by children. As for the majority of adults, I think that we all recognize this as farce, and are not meant to take this as an appropriate or sanctioned activity.

I found it mildly amusing. :sarcastic:

Wait a sec......

*puts on flame retardant underwear*

This IS just a movie. It is rated "R", and, thus, is not meant for consumption by children. As for the majority of adults, I think that we all recognize this as farce, and are not meant to take this as an appropriate or sanctioned activity.

I found it mildly amusing. :sarcastic:

I think you're giving people entirely too much credit, Boomer. These are the same people who elected our current government.

I think you're giving people entirely too much credit, Boomer. These are the same people who elected our current government.

I understand your thinking, but I really hate the whole "protect-us-from-ourselves" mindset that seems to permeate our society. I mean, I don't blame the Big Mac for my belly. To tax, or even outlaw, Big Macs in order to "protect" me seems..... well...... like something a liberal would do.

Taken out of contest yes it would be a disturbing scene. But since I don't know what the movie is about, I thought it was kind of funny. There is obviously more going on, just by the fact that the daughter seemed to be there willingly.

I understand your thinking, but I really hate the whole "protect-us-from-ourselves" mindset that seems to permeate our society. I mean, I don't blame the Big Mac for my belly. To tax, or even outlaw, Big Macs in order to "protect" me seems..... well...... like something a liberal would do.

I agree with that 100%, BB007; however, just for the sake of argument, should we not be encouraging activity that uplifts and educates and dissuading those who would tear down traditional conservative values? For sure, there's a fine line, here, but I believe that being silent on our part is what has brought us to where we are today: more and more a crass, crude, uneducated culture with no appreciation of our founding principles, a lack of civility and respect, and a growing class of people who only want "freebies" from the government.

As I consder myself, politically, a conservative libertarian (bordering on anarchy), this is tough for me to even argue, but I'm starting to think we have stood by and watched as our country has deteriorated to where we are today and where we seem to be headed. So, I'm not concerned so much from "protecting us from ourselves" but from those who would continue to tear down our country.

My .02 cents

I mean, I don't blame the Big Mac for my belly.

No, but that's because you put it there yourself...it wasn't thrust upon you unwillingly by some other people who had your 'well being' in mind.

...the daughter seemed to be there willingly.

That could just be placed under the category of "Trust". What if the vest had failed? (Yes, I know it's just a movie.) P.S., What's to prevent some other yokel from deciding that this is a great idea and going out and trying it himself!? Let's pay attention and keep count of how many of these copycat episodes we find in the future, after the movie comes out.

No, but that's because you put it there yourself...it wasn't thrust upon you unwillingly by some other people who had your 'well being' in mind.

By that same logic, no one is going to be forced to pay for a movie ticket and sit through this film, right?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back