Check out the new toy.....

KimberPB

Ok I have not shot a bow in probably15 years but have had the itch to get back into it. Bows have changed so much since the last time I shot so I hope I got a good deal. Here what I came across at an estate sale and was able to take home for $50.

HPIM0451.jpg

HPIM0452.jpg

It looked like he sprayed the sights with flat black paint and got over spray on the bow. I think I'll be able to clean that off tho.

HPIM0453.jpg

HPIM0456.jpg

I'm sure I'll need to get the string replaced and the arrows cut down to my pull. And them all refletched (I think thats what its called).

Can not wait to try it out.

Doesn't it "print" when you carry?

Seriously, it appears to be a decent bow. At worst, you got a $50 training tool to get your archery skills out of the mothballs.

Are you a hunter? When is bow hunting season in your state? What, if anything, do you plan to hunt with it? Or is this just for the sake of having a bow?

By the way, nice bow!

Are you a hunter? When is bow hunting season in your state? What, if anything, do you plan to hunt with it? Or is this just for the sake of having a bow?

By the way, nice bow!

I went deer hunting for the frist time this year and really enjoyed it. So I would mind try it again with the bow. I mainly got it cause I use to shot Bows a lot when I was younger and really enjoyed it. just wanting to get back into it just for the sake of shooting a bow.

With Obama in office that may be all you will have in the future for defence.:lol: I have never owned or shot a compound bow. I did have a recurve bow when in my teens and early twenties. Sounds like you got a good deal on it.

Dang Son that is a nice bow for $50.00. Shoot the arrows and other ad ons are worth that much.

Thanks. I did some wet sanding with very fine sand paper and was able to get all the flat black spray paint off. It's cleaned up very nice. Now I just need to get the arrows taken care of and I should be ready to try it out.

I've been looking at bows this morning too. I think taking a deer with one would be pretty fun. I had a little red compound bow when I was young as well as a couple of recurve bows. For $50 that looks like an awesome deal but I don't know anything about them anymore either.

Seems like a good deal! Congrats! I had a PSE compound bow about 20 years ago, haven't really shot a bow since then. Enjoy your new toy!:smile:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back