Charlton Heston dead at 84

Right 2 Carry

What a great American Hero and he will be missed.

May God bless him and his family.

Link Removed

Charlton Heston

This is indeed a sad day. Charlton was an avid gun owner and supporter of gun rights & tried harder to ensure those rights were safeguarded than most would ever think of doing. He was a friend to us all whether he knew us personally or not. He will be missed greatly!

:icon_cry:

Link Removed

PS - Gore still didn't get that gun. :wink:

Last edited:
Now that he's gone I still don't think anyone could pry his gun from his hand. Sad news indeed about his death.

Remember those 'Charlton Heston is MY President' bumper stickers?

He changed the discussion about gun ownership with his "from my cold, dead hands" statement.

His kind has become all to rare.

He was the best spokesman that the NRA ever had. I still get chills thinking of that speech.

His movies are classics now too Ben Hurr of course but I like the character he played in his planet of the apes movies. Great stuff!They don't make them like that anymore, he will be missed.

What a great American Hero and he will be missed.

May God bless him and his family.

Link Removed

It's a sad day....now he's off to the big "Shooting Range in the Sky" blasting AR's and flintlocks w/ Moses, Jesus, and David. I hear David's a crack shot with a .223....sure wished he had that instead of a sling

Well this is the only board I've read a thread about him died on where I didn't want to just jump through my computer. I won't mention any names but there's been a couple of non-firearms related websites where I've come across a thread like this with just people bashing him and saying good riddance, one less NRA member, etc. Here's a quote from someone which just doesn't make any sense whatsoever:

I have no problems with the average citizen owning a weapon, but their are simply to many guns on the streets of Miami.

All I can say is that I'll be staying off those boards for a while and sticking to my own...USA CARRY!

Heston

Well this is the only board I've read a thread about him died on where I didn't want to just jump through my computer. I won't mention any names but there's been a couple of non-firearms related websites where I've come across a thread like this with just people bashing him and saying good riddance, one less NRA member, etc. Here's a quote from someone which just doesn't make any sense whatsoever:

All I can say is that I'll be staying off those boards for a while and sticking to my own...USA CARRY!

You know he was married to the same woman for over 60 years. I am sure that was not to popular in Hollyweird.

Sad that none of our local news stations covered his passing. I thought I heard about his passing briefly on Fox News, but didn't catch the entire segment. Glad to see that the folks on this board feel the same way I do. Charlton Heston was an excellent spokesman for the NRA and defender of our 2A rights.

gf

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back