Change of address in Washington State ????

spf159753

What if I move to a different city in Washington??
How quick do I need to notify anyone about my address change??
Is my concealed pistol permit still valid if the address on my permit is different than where I live??
Is there a time frame as to when I move,and my address changes that I must notify someone
and still have a valid permit???

Steve...

What if I move to a different city in Washington??
How quick do I need to notify anyone about my address change??
Is my concealed pistol permit still valid if the address on my permit is different than where I live??
Is there a time frame as to when I move,and my address changes that I must notify someone
and still have a valid permit???

Steve...

Ive searched the Washington state site and found nothing. My suggestion is to call the sheriffs or police dept where you got your license and ask. then you can post it up here and let us know:biggrin:

Ive searched the Washington state site and found nothing. My suggestion is to call the sheriffs or police dept where you got your license and ask. then you can post it up here and let us know:biggrin:

Well, all I get is conflicting answers from city Hall,where I got my permit,so that was no help.
Good thing I'm not moving till the end of year or so to a different part of the city.
I was just hoping to have all the correct answers before then.
I know,I give a change of address to the DMV within 10 days of moving,so after I do that,
I will go to down town and fill out a change of address for my CCW after receiving my
updated drivers Lic. first.

Oh well.

Steve...

I was looking into your question too and ran into the same conflicting answers. We are due to move to another State so not only was I looking into your question but also how will this affect my CCW. Do I need to turn it in and get a non-resident or do I keep it and get a non-resident when I renew?

The only thing I know is that you have to fill out a new application (no fingerprints or background check, just fill out the app) and it is either $10 or $15. They type the new CPL on the spot. I think you have to get the replacement CPL from the same LEO Agency your current one is from, because that seems to be how they check the validity of your current license is by looking at their own records.

So, I would suggest, before the move, especially moving out of state, see if the originating LEO agency will give you an application to take with you and mail in.

I just got off the phone with the Department of Licensing for Washington State.

Washington does not have a statue on the books in regards to change of address for your CPL.

1. You can either wait till your license renews and process your change of address at that time.

2. Go into the office that has jurisdiction in your NEW home area and file for a replacement CPL, the cost is $10.00

The Department of Licensing recommended to get the change of address after you have done so with your Drivers License so all your ID matches. But there is no requirement to change it when you move within the state.

Basically once issued your CPL is good for 5 years unless you have it taken away for felony, family abuse, mental illness, etc. From our conversation if you are moving temporarily out of the state, you CPL is still good for 5 years from date of issuance. In this case Id definitely pay the 10.00 to have it changed to out of state license before I left.

Basically once issued your CPL is good for 5 years unless you have it taken away for felony, family abuse, mental illness, etc. From our conversation if you are moving temporarily out of the state, you CPL is still good for 5 years from date of issuance. In this case Id definitely pay the 10.00 to have it changed to out of state license before I left.

There is no specific "out of state" license. It is the same license, the only difference would be the address on the license. Out of state residents are allowed to obtain and hold Washington CPL's. The only difference is the max waiting period for the license is 90 days vice 30 days.

Within 10 days of moving, you are required to notify DOL of your address change.
RCW 46.20.205: Change of address or name.

You can do it either in person or by mail.
Link Removed

CPL does not need to be updated, but to be safe I would notify the Firearms Section by mail of your address change so they could update their database. Firearms has (or had when I worked there) a totally separate database.
Link Removed

Within 10 days of moving, you are required to notify DOL of your address change.
RCW 46.20.205: Change of address or name.

You can do it either in person or by mail.
Link Removed

CPL does not need to be updated, but to be safe I would notify the Firearms Section by mail of your address change so they could update their database. Firearms has (or had when I worked there) a totally separate database.
Link Removed

I never update any of my stuff when I move ...... the Gov-ment knows all that want about us/you/them/me as they want. Once you could understand what mom / Dad / teachers could say was the day your/our domestication started and we started to become slaves to the system .... quit kidding yourself, no one is free ! Just go about you life and quit F U C K I N G worrying about little S H I T like this .... none of us are as important as we think we are !

May not be "required"....but you may want to just let the issuing authority know to update your records...for any possible revocation purpose. Then when renewal comes up just renew at the new location.

PX4storm, I understand your viewpoint. However, this is one of those things that could result in legal consequences for people. Until such time as we can change the laws, this is what we are constrained by. I think it best to be in good standing with the law, should the law enforcers need to talk with you.

I never update any of my stuff when I move ...... the Gov-ment knows all that want about us/you/them/me as they want. Once you could understand what mom / Dad / teachers could say was the day your/our domestication started and we started to become slaves to the system .... quit kidding yourself, no one is free ! Just go about you life and quit F U C K I N G worrying about little S H I T like this .... none of us are as important as we think we are !
Then why bother applying for a concealed carry license even in a RTC state?

I asked the Cowlitz County sherriff's office about this because in oregon you have to notify a change of address, But they said in washington there was no need because if you notice on your permit it has your drivers license number on it. Your pemit is tied in with your drivers license, that's how they know when they ask if you are carring concealled

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back