Chances of getting CCW permit approved.

Buzzie

About a month ago I went to my local gun dealer and purchased a Beretta firearm, they did the background check and it was approved. I waited three days to pick up my gun because I don't have a concealed permit yet. I applied for the permit here in Florida through the DOA. Does the background check have any effect on the CCW application? I applied a week later after purchasing the firearm. I don't know if I should have waited until I got my license to purchase the gun. What are the chances of getting your application approved if at least you were approved to purchase the firearm? How long does it really take to get your license? I've been checking on the website and haven't heard anything, it's been only two weeks, but it looks like an eternity. The uncertainty is killing me, any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Someone from Florida will have to answer your specific questions. I've had CCW permits in VA, NC, and AZ, all of which took about 90 days for the original permit. Less time for renewal in AZ (about 2 weeks, but 90 days for renewal also in VA and NC. In VA for a non-resident permit renewal, it isn't really a renewal, you have to submit everything again as if you were applying for a first time permit.

You obviously have to pass the NICS check to get the CCW, but at least here in NC now the Sheriff will also do a more in depth background check witch includes checking your mental heath history. I have no idea what Florida will do, but since it isn't a 'constitutional carry' state (meaning if you can legally own a firearm you can carry it concealed) I would expect that the NICS check done when you bought the gun alone won't be sufficient, there will likely be a more in depth check. Again, it would be best if someone from your state with knowledge of your state laws would answer.

I would think you would have no trouble being approved as long as you took the required course and have a clean background check. I am from Florida and when I got my CCW I took the course on a Friday evening, went to the county office with my certificate where I was fingerprinted, photographed, and filled out the application. That Friday I got my permit in the mail. There should be a tracking number on your receipt where you can go on the website and check progress.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

In Illinois it is best to have your FOID card up to date and your classes done before applying. Then its about 120 days USUALLY.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back