CCW with no permit

Actually, ANY "law" that goes against what the constitution and BOR says is an INVALID "law" and not "legal" at all.... Enforced by out of control govt? absolutely, but NOT legal...

Also, all of your ASSUMPTIONS quoted above have the false premise that I will allow myself to be arrested for that which shall not be infringed......

I do, however understand exactly what you are saying, and if that is the road you wish to take, that is entirely up to you, yet then the infringers will have won yet another battle without a fight....

I apologize for the lack of clarity... I was on my phone in 17 degree weather dropping my son off with his ski team (his coach was late). Please consider all mention of "legal/illegal" to be in quotation marks. Yes, the laws are illegal according to the 2nd Amendment. That does not mean they are not current laws (appropriate or otherwise), and it doesn't mean I wouldn't get arrested, leaving my six year old boy stranded in this state until some relative can manage to make it here from at least 1,000 miles away. Which, of course, means he would be in the custody of the state, possibly forever if they decide I am an unfit parent, because I am carrying what they determine is an illegal weapon. Unacceptable. I don't feel that I am letting the infringers "win," but more picking how I fight my battles.

I am curious as to how you are going to keep yourself from getting arrested. If police decide to illegally arrest you (I've noticed they tend to arrest first, ask questions about legality later), they will probably bring plenty of manpower, and if you resist you will probably get shot. I'm not certain how that will help the cause, as the media will spin you as "crazy" and the infringers will use you as a poster boy for why we need gun control. Don't take this as an accusation of any sort... I really do want to learn how you plan to accomplish this!

I apologize for the lack of clarity... I was on my phone in 17 degree weather dropping my son off with his ski team (his coach was late). Please consider all mention of "legal/illegal" to be in quotation marks. Yes, the laws are illegal according to the 2nd Amendment. That does not mean they are not current laws (appropriate or otherwise), and it doesn't mean I wouldn't get arrested, leaving my six year old boy stranded in this state until some relative can manage to make it here from at least 1,000 miles away. Which, of course, means he would be in the custody of the state, possibly forever if they decide I am an unfit parent, because I am carrying what they determine is an illegal weapon. Unacceptable. I don't feel that I am letting the infringers "win," but more picking how I fight my battles.

I am curious as to how you are going to keep yourself from getting arrested. If police decide to illegally arrest you (I've noticed they tend to arrest first, ask questions about legality later), they will probably bring plenty of manpower, and if you resist you will probably get shot. I'm not certain how that will help the cause, as the media will spin you as "crazy" and the infringers will use you as a poster boy for why we need gun control. Don't take this as an accusation of any sort... I really do want to learn how you plan to accomplish this!

so, in your world, when someone gets pulled over they immediately call in backup? Please at least attempt to come up with a valid argument guy....

resist? you betcha....

Infringe on my rights.... suffer the consequences.

UNTIL these people get stood up to, NOTHING will change....

so, in your world, when someone gets pulled over they immediately call in backup? Please at least attempt to come up with a valid argument guy....

resist? you betcha....

Infringe on my rights.... suffer the consequences.

UNTIL these people get stood up to, NOTHING will change....

Hey, at least I was polite.

I'm not talking about getting pulled over. Why would they know you had it?

If they find out you had a gun "illegally," however that happens (self defense they misinterpret? someone claims you were brandishing?), I bet they would call backup. They'd really call backup if someone with a gun starts resisting arrest. It sounds like you plan to fight them. I'm honestly trying to understand. How do plan to stand up to a cop trying to illegally arrest you without actually getting arrested? With all the overbearing and insane things cops are doing nowadays, I'd really like to know. It's been a worry... I trust the local sheriff, but how do you defend yourself from a bad cop?

Hey, at least I was polite.

I'm not talking about getting pulled over. Why would they know you had it?

If they find out you had a gun "illegally," however that happens (self defense they misinterpret? someone claims you were brandishing?), I bet they would call backup. They'd really call backup if someone with a gun starts resisting arrest. It sounds like you plan to fight them. I'm honestly trying to understand. How do plan to stand up to a cop trying to illegally arrest you without actually getting arrested? With all the overbearing and insane things cops are doing nowadays, I'd really like to know. It's been a worry... I trust the local sheriff, but how do you defend yourself from a bad cop?

Sigh.......

I will make it as simple as I can for you....

You defend yourself.

Sigh.......

I will make it as simple as I can for you....

You defend yourself.

Gonna have to get a little more in-depth for me there...

I do what? Fight? Shoot? Talk? Only the last one will result in me not getting arrested, then or later, if I wasn't doing something the state has decided is illegal. I guarantee justified will not matter if the cop winds up dead... even if exonerated later, I will have traumatized and possibly lost my son.

I was interested in the you wouldn't "allow yourself to be arrested." I was wondering how you were planning on doing that, without doing something else that would get you in trouble with the law (like, oh... resisting arrest: by stupid "law," he was technically correct to do so). Arrested, for me, is not an option (hence I avoid even the "illegal" activities). How do I defend myself without getting, ultimately, arrested?

Gonna have to get a little more in-depth for me there...

I do what? Fight? Shoot? Talk? Only the last one will result in me not getting arrested, then or later, if I wasn't doing something the state has decided is illegal. I guarantee justified will not matter if the cop winds up dead... even if exonerated later, I will have traumatized and possibly lost my son.

I was interested in the you wouldn't "allow yourself to be arrested." I was wondering how you were planning on doing that, without doing something else that would get you in trouble with the law (like, oh... resisting arrest: by stupid "law," he was technically correct to do so). Arrested, for me, is not an option (hence I avoid even the "illegal" activities). How do I defend myself without getting, ultimately, arrested?

If you cannot figure it out with what I have told you, you wouldnt have the nads to do it anyway...... And I dont think any less of you either way..... some will do what needs done, and some wont.

Just dont believe everything that the cops and media say when these things start to happen....

If you cannot figure it out with what I have told you, you wouldnt have the nads to do it anyway...... And I dont think any less of you either way..... some will do what needs done, and some wont.

Just dont believe everything that the cops and media say when these things start to happen....

Not everyone has "nads." And I mean that quite literally.

Only if you wimp out and allow your Constitutional rights to be infringed on by someone who is breaking their oath as they infringe on them.... ANY attempt at infringing on my 2nd Amendment rights comes with the real, proven danger of losing everything I have ever worked for (AND my life itself) just because of a law-breaking govt..... I take that as a life threatening confrontation and WILL defend myself as if my life depends on it, because my life DOES depend on it....

Oh ********

I already don't believe anything the cops or media says! I tend to believe martial law won't be with the military, but a militarized police force. The military is trained to protect the American people and the Constitution, and it'll take a few generations of brainwashing before it can be used in that manner. Hence, the military out of the way... far out of the way. Cops, of course, have to look at us citizens as all possible bad guys in order to survive their job. Can't blame me for hoping there would be some magic key to be able to stay out of trouble for my family's sake. I'm definitely not going to be resisting arrest in any physical manner; you're right, I do not have the "nads" for it. Or the muscle strength (precisely why I carry). I'll fight in my own way, you'll fight in yours, and hopefully eventually we'll get the job done.

I'll fight in my own way, you'll fight in yours, and hopefully eventually we'll get the job done.

Now THAT is the perfect answer to the question posed...

As long as each one of us is willing to fight, in whatever capacity we can, then we still stand a chance!
Just as long as we all stand together.
Link Removed

Sent from behind enemy lines.

I want to know how you're going to stop yourself from being arrested tough guy

How do you know I am a tough guy? What makes you think I am? Oh, I get it, you are talking out your own cowardice fantasies and projecting them onto me.... You think the ONLY way someone could resist a false arrest is by being a tough guy, and YOU, being a wimp with no training or experience just cannot figure out how to defend yourself when attacked, so YOUR plan is to lie down and lick the boots of those "over you" just because they have a badge....

Some on here think that cops have some sort of special power over them and they have to do everything they say.... UNTIL you accept to the reality that no-one, anywhere on this earth has the power to make you do anything you do not want to do, you will continue to be their slave....

Should you treat others the way you want to be treated? Absolutely....

Should you obey a reasonable (non-rights infringing) "lawful" order/command for the safety of all involved? yes

Should you defend yourself when your life is threatened or your rights are infringed? Only YOU can answer that for yourself....

Attacking/ridiculing someone on a forum who tells you what they have resolved to do is childish......

You are probably right. I have not researched every state. I should have said in my state or some/most. Thanks for keeping me on my toes.
It's not illegal in your state either.

SECTION 16-23-30. Sale or delivery of handgun to and possession by certain persons unlawful; stolen handguns.

(A) It is unlawful for a person to knowingly sell, offer to sell, deliver, lease, rent, barter, exchange, or transport for sale into this State any handgun to:
(1) a person who has been convicted of a crime of violence in any court of the United States, the several states, commonwealths, territories, possessions, or the District of Columbia or who is a fugitive from justice or a habitual drunkard or a drug addict or who has been adjudicated mentally incompetent;
(2) a person who is a member of a subversive organization;
(3) a person under the age of eighteen, but this shall not apply to the issue of handguns to members of the Armed Forces of the United States, active or reserve, National Guard, State Militia, or R. O. T. C., when on duty or training or the temporary loan of handguns for instructions under the immediate supervision of a parent or adult instructor; or
(4) a person who by order of a circuit judge or county court judge of this State has been adjudged unfit to carry or possess a firearm, such adjudication to be made upon application by any police officer, or by any prosecuting officer of this State, or sua sponte, by the court, but a person who is the subject of such an application is entitled to reasonable notice and a proper hearing prior to any such adjudication.​

(B) It is unlawful for a person enumerated in subsection (A) to possess or acquire handguns within this State.

(C) A person shall not knowingly buy, sell, transport, pawn, receive, or possess any stolen handgun or one from which the original serial number has been removed or obliterated.

HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 16-129.2; 1965 (54) 578; 2004 Act No. 294, Section 1, eff August 16, 2004; 2006 Act No. 336, Section 4, eff June 2, 2006; 2008 Act No. 192, Section 1, eff April 2, 2008.

I agree with the OP to a point, he's exercising his right as a American, which is fine even if it is illegal, like many I have carried for years never had to use my weapon, but I did feel better when we finaly got our permits (my wife and I) the worst thing I see here is if something happened and this kid used his gun, even if it was a righteous shoot, he most likely would never be allowed to get a permit or even own a gun, so I guess in the end a person would be much better off to wait till legal age

I agree with the OP to a point, he's exercising his right as a American, which is fine even if it is illegal, like many I have carried for years never had to use my weapon, but I did feel better when we finaly got our permits (my wife and I) the worst thing I see here is if something happened and this kid used his gun, even if it was a righteous shoot, he most likely would never be allowed to get a permit or even own a gun, so I guess in the end a person would be much better off to wait till legal age
That being said, If you are a troll maybe you should stick your handgun where the sun don't shine and spin around on it for a while

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back