CCW Permittees LOSE NICS Exemption

Link Removed

and brief history of the issue: Link Removed

Come on, Nevadans!!

Thank you, VARMINTER22, for the excellent explanation of the loss of our NICS exemption.

I agree that the laws should be re-written to bring us into compliance with the regulations to regain our exemption and to remove the POC restriction on FFL;s.

I also feel that the NSCA should not have their current veto power over honoring other state’s CCW when they meet the criteria in our current law. Even a veto by the Governor can be overridden, but not the NSCA, which is a registered lobbying group, not a part of the state government.

Hopefully, all of the gun clubs and FFL’s can band together with all gun owners and rectify most, if not all of these matters.

Unfortunately...

We're in an election year. Even if we raise a stink about it, nothing will likely be done until after the general election. We need to make this a legislative hot potato like it was three years ago and get the bill to change this prefiled for the 2009 session.

Also as long as Anderson is Chair of the Assembly Judiciary Committee, we may not be able to get our NICS exemption back much less any other NV CFP changes (such as the removal of prohibited areas) until he's out of office.

Since the SFA closer to Anderson's district, it may be beneficial for them to campaign against his reelection.

Last edited:
Actually, net, I'm somewhat confident we can fix it in the 2009 legislative session.

In 2007, AB-21 was supposed to fix it - and it would have if it hadn't been for the fee increases.

Agree that Bernie needs to be ousted. He is in a different district, but we stand ready to assist those in his district!

I spoke with my sheriff yesterday. He indicated the majority of the sheriffs & chiefs desire to come to terms with the BATFE regarding reinstatement of our NICS exemption.

The Exec Dir of the NSCA will correspond with the BATFE and try to determine what (if anything) can be done to reinstate Nevada CCW permit holders' NICS exemption.

Either way, I believe the issue needs to addressed and corrected in the 2009 legislative session.

And we should endeavor to scrap our "POC" status in favor of the toll free (800) telephone NICS check. Paying a $25 fee to exercise one's God given and Constitutionally guaranteed right is simply WRONG.

Historical info on this subject here: Link Removed

I spoke with my sheriff yesterday. He indicated the majority of the sheriffs & chiefs desire to come to terms with the BATFE regarding reinstatement of our NICS exemption.

The Exec Dir of the NSCA will correspond with the BATFE and try to determine what (if anything) can be done to reinstate Nevada CCW permit holders' NICS exemption.

Either way, I believe the issue needs to addressed and corrected in the 2009 legislative session.

And we should endeavor to scrap our "POC" status in favor of the toll free (800) telephone NICS check. Paying a $25 fee to exercise one's God given and Constitutionally guaranteed right is simply WRONG.

Historical info on this subject here: Link Removed

Any updates on this?

I have been averaging $600.00 a year in superfluous, $25.00 per instance fees...

Since we got screwed out of our CCW exemption...

I could buy another firearm for that...

With the budget crisis in Nevada, I would be surprised if the Legislture would pass on this oportunity to put money in the State's coffers.

But then again one never knows what could happen when those of us put pressure on our Legislators.

With the budget crisis in Nevada, I would be surprised if the Legislature would pass on this opportunity to put money in the State's coffers.

But then again one never knows what could happen when those of us put pressure on our Legislators.

They actually make more money by doing nothing then fixing the CCW Exemption issue; the BATFE Made up... due to two words missing from our CCW Form "Renewal" OR "New"...

I am obviously opposed to any State/Federal Brady Bunch NICS or other Requirements to exercise my Second Amendment Rights...

I STILL don't see ...Shall Not Be Infringed... "EXCEPT" (Insert Liberal Democrat Exception(s) To Your Fundamental Rights) anywhere in the Second Amendment...

"The Second Amendment IS my Concealed Carry Permit" - Ted Nugent

Any updates on this?

I have been averaging $600.00 a year in superfluous, $25.00 per instance fees...

Since we got screwed out of our CCW exemption...

I could buy another firearm for that...

I totally agree with ya!

Unfortunately, it appears the only way to fix this is by new legislation.

Senator Ensign's office couldn't even help to get a new memorandum of understanding.

This situation is virtually 100% due to NV Assemblyman Bernie Anderson, Chair of Judiciary Cmte. But he is term limited out.

We MUST vote right in 2010.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back