CCW permits to be legal in all 48 states in North America

SFC G Retired

Is there a list of CCW permits to be legal in all 48 states in North America. How many permits would that take. I have been permitted in Iowa for some time now but with my new job, I will be traveling by vehicle all across the Continental US.

Sincerely,
SFC G (retired)

You can go to Conceal Carry Resources on this site to see the maps section to see where your permit is honored. If you get the FL & the UT permits that would help. But there are some states that are "may issue" and most likely you will not get their permit. SC requires you to own property there before they will issue a permit. Other states are so anti gun that I doubt that they would issue but would keep the fee!

Unless you are a retired LEO you will not be allowed to carry in every state!

The best you could do is move to MI and then you would be legal in 40 states. Or to TN and be legal in 39 states.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
What you are allowed, and what an American is born with in America, are two totally different things...choose wisely.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Is there a list of CCW permits to be legal in all 48 states in North America. How many permits would that take.

No such number exists since it is impossible. Certain states like NY and CA only recognize their own permits and they only issue them to their own residents.

No such number exists since it is impossible. Certain states like NY and CA only recognize their own permits and they only issue them to their own residents.
Don't forget NJ. No one carries. What's funny is you can drive from NJ where the general public can't carry, to Vermont where anyone can carry, in about 75 minutes. What the hell is that? Oh, forgot, it really doesn't even matter because during the drive NY will arrest you anyway. The laws are a cluster f---k around here.

The People's Republic of Maryland will only issue if the threat of death or bodily harm can be proven.
I hold a DE residents CCDW and a PA non-res LTCF and that covers 36 states.

I think it should be set in Federal Law that ANY Law Abiding citizen who has a CCP should be able to carry to ANY state any time. I look at it like this because we are willing to do the right thing. We are just trying to protect ourselves and our loved ones. Criminals are carrying all day everywhere, so why can't I to stop the bad guy/girl?

I think it should be set in Federal Law that ANY Law Abiding citizen who has a CCP should be able to carry to ANY state any time. I look at it like this because we are willing to do the right thing. We are just trying to protect ourselves and our loved ones. Criminals are carrying all day everywhere, so why can't I to stop the bad guy/girl?

I do agree with you on this. But I do not expect that will EVER happen. There are to many states that like the extra "revenue" coming in from Non-Res Permits and others who are doing all they can to keep anyone from legally carrying.

Perhaps IF we get rid of the RINOs and the lib-o-rats in DC then we may have a chance to getting something like that!

I don't have, want, or need a permit...I shouldn't be able to carry across this county like the 2A recognizes?

I just read that Indiana only allows you to carry in a vehicle in Indiana ONLY if you have a legal Indiana CCW. Is this true, or will my Illinois/Utah permits be accepted to carry loaded in my own vehicle?

I just read that Indiana only allows you to carry in a vehicle in Indiana ONLY if you have a legal Indiana CCW. Is this true, or will my Illinois/Utah permits be accepted to carry loaded in my own vehicle?

Where did you read that?

I don't have, want, or need a permit...I shouldn't be able to carry across this county like the 2A recognizes?

I think America is making a big mistake. ISIS will eventually be here in all their fury. I think of the British soldier killed by the muslims with a machete in broad daylight... and no one could help him. I believe America needs to smarten-up. I would ask the gun-control nuts if they would prefer I don't help them against that machete wielding lunatic.

It says it in the permit rules of carry on the USAcarry site when I click on the map, I click on the State of Indiana and scroll down below the list of requirements to laws that are listed. (Let me know if you need more info than that, and I'll try to be more specific.) Thanx.

I think America is making a big mistake. ISIS will eventually be here in all their fury. I think of the British soldier killed by the muslims with a machete in broad daylight... and no one could help him. I believe America needs to smarten-up. I would ask the gun-control nuts if they would prefer I don't help them against that machete wielding lunatic.

They already lost me as a means of defense. God. Family. Friends. The rest are on their own.

Maryland recognizes no other states C/c permits and issue next to none their selves.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back