CCW Permit restrictions

stymie222

When I received my CCW permit in Iowa, I was advised that it was now also, my permit to purchase.

I travel to North Alabama to visit my mother. Since Alabama recognizes my Iowa CCW permit, can I also purchase weapons in Alabama or any other state that does ?

No. Federal law...

When I received my CCW permit in Iowa, I was advised that it was now also, my permit to purchase.

I travel to North Alabama to visit my mother. Since Alabama recognizes my Iowa CCW permit, can I also purchase weapons in Alabama or any other state that does ?

... requires that you be a resident of the state to purchase firearms.

I know the Wal-Mart here in Missouri shows the states it can sell guns to.
Also if it was a federal law that you can only buy guns in the state you live,
how do gun shows get away with selling all those guns?
Not every seller is from Missouri and not every buyer is from Missouri either...

You can purchase long guns and shot guns in any state . However you can only purchase a handgun from a dealer in the state you live in, unless you are having it sent to your local FFL holder. One reason why when I travel I carry a few backup carry guns in case something happens to my primary carry gun. As far as gun shows, they must be doing private sales and not filing the federal ATF 4473 form for transfer of firearm.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back