CCW Permit in Maryland

carry4life

I realize that this topic may have been covered in earlier threads but I wasn't able to locate an answer to this particular question...

Under the current Maryland laws a business owner may be issued a ccw permit if you are able to prove that you make frequent, large cash deposits. I believe I fall into this category and have been thinking about applying for a ccw for awhile. The question is...

Does anyone know how much money qualifies as a "large deposit" ? Is there a monthly amount their looking for when reviewing the application?

What are my chances for being approved?

Thanks.

I realize that this topic may have been covered in earlier threads but I wasn't able to locate an answer to this particular question...

Under the current Maryland laws a business owner may be issued a ccw permit if you are able to prove that you make frequent, large cash deposits. I believe I fall into this category and have been thinking about applying for a ccw for awhile. The question is...

Does anyone know how much money qualifies as a "large deposit" ? Is there a monthly amount their looking for when reviewing the application?

Thanks.

Slim and none. I used to live in Maryland and the whole attitude of the government was to deny carry permits as far as they could. Issuance of a carry permit is completely discretionary and unless you're politically connected you might as well FAGEDABOUTIT.

CCW in Md?

Sorry man but I have to agree with hounddog! I was born and raised there and I don't plan to ever live there again! They have the worst politicians of any state! Depending on where you live and work, maybe you can move to Pa. Blessins! Jazzman

I, too, was born and raised there. Moved away 30 years ago. Miss the Bay and the Ocean, so I visit every once in a while. Would NEVER move back due to the political climate there. That's a shame as it's a beautiful state with a lot of great people. Good luck on getting a carry permit, you're gonna need it.

Thanks for the feedback. I fully agree with you guys that the gun laws here are without question anti-law abiding citizen. After doing some research, I feel that I meet the Maryland criteria pertaining to business people who handle cash deposits. I've decided to move forward with the permit process. Fingerprints have been taken at the SP and application has been sent. Wish me luck!

RE: carry4life

Thanks for the feedback. I fully agree with you guys that the gun laws here are without question anti-law abiding citizen. After doing some research, I feel that I meet the Maryland criteria pertaining to business people who handle cash deposits. I've decided to move forward with the permit process. Fingerprints have been taken at the SP and application has been sent. Wish me luck!

I wish you all the luck in the world my friend! Keep us updated on what happens. Thanks! Jazzman

I've never heard of a hard and fast rule regarding the amount, but if you feel it's large enough to make you a target, then apply.

I'd recommend you post your question at Maryland Shooters they have a very active board and may be able to help. You can also join the Maryland Shall Issue Organization to help restore our second amendment right in Maryland Maryland Shall Issue.

Thanks for the feedback. Here's a quick update. I have been interviewed by the MDSP and permit is still pending. The interview focused mainly on my business deposit frequency and amounts. They also asked about who I live with, what type of gun I would be carrying, if I have a lockable storage box, and if I have completed a defensive shooting course. Let's see what happens....

Like marlin.357 said, post your question over on MD Shooters. Exactly how much money, and how frequently, is something of a mystery. The MSP probably adhere to some sort of formula, but given that MD is discretionary any such formula would be subject to any number of whims. The main thing, I'm given to understand, they've looking for solid documentation.

MSI got the data from the concealed carry data from the MSP in 2006, and I did some number crunching for Henry.

12,565 business licenses and 661 protection licenses in MD at that time.

Business licenses are a totally different animal from protection licenses. If you can show receipts, odds are good you'll get a business license.

Protection though is a different story.

They will kill you for a pair of tennis shoes and some pencil pusher doesn't think your $100 cash deposit is enough.:big_boss:

Maryland was a slave strate IIRC, now we are all slaves.:fie:

On second thought, they will kill you because you didn't have enough money.

Last edited:
It came today...

Maryland concealed carry permit arrived today. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. :biggrin:
Feel free to PM me if anyone has questions that I can help with.

What restrictions does you MD permit have? Most of the ones issued for a business have a restriction that limits carry between home, business, and bank.

What restrictions does you MD permit have? Most of the ones issued for a business have a restriction that limits carry between home, business, and bank.

Yes it does have the following restrictions.

"Between residence, (Business Name), bank or while transporting business currency as President of the same. Not valid where firearms are prohibited.

I'm pretty much always in possession of business currency and some deposit slips so the restrictions aren't all that bad.

Thanks.

Trust Me ...There isn't enough money in Your bag to get a CC from the republic of Maryland, Steinhouser

CC from Maryland

I lived there,,,ther isn'tenough money ..ever..in Your bag to get a CC from the republic of Maryland. Steinhouser

Yes it does have the following restrictions.

"Between residence, (Business Name), bank or while transporting business currency as President of the same. Not valid where firearms are prohibited.

I'm pretty much always in possession of business currency and some deposit slips so the restrictions aren't all that bad.

Then I would contend that you don't understand the restrictions on your carry permit, and you are in for a rude awakening when you attempt to use your pocket full of deposit slips to justify why you have a concealed gun outside of your home/business/bank geography.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back