CCW only guns that fit same holster

mwhals

I was curious how many buy guns that are similar enough to fit their holster. I guess Glock comes to mind as many holsters for a Glock work with most Glocks.

I guess I would not be in that camp since the guns I want to purchase are different enough that they require different holsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

I was curious how many buy guns that are similar enough to fit their holster. I guess Glock comes to mind as many holsters for a Glock work with most Glocks.

I guess I would not be in that camp since the guns I want to purchase are different enough that they require different holsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

I carry a CZ-75BD and a CZ-75 Compact in the same Old Fashion IWB. Nate

I wouldn't make a purchase for a current holster I own. I guess I look at the investment of buying a new gun and figure the extra cost of a holster really isnt that much by comparison to what I forked out for said gun...

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I have had to come at it from the opposite direction. I buy the gun first, and then set about finding the right holster(s) to fit the kind of duty I have planned for the weapon. As such, because of my weapons choices, I have had to find holsters that are made for other guns because there aren't many made specifically for the two I carry most often.

Luckily, I found another weapon whose critical dimensions are virtually identical to my .45. I have a S&W 4563TSW with equipment rail that I have never found a fitted leather holster made specifically for it, but it fits exactly in a holster made for a Sig P226 as long as it's likewise a holster made to accommodate a rail. Because the fit is so good, any holster that fits a 226, fits my Smith, to include holsters made to accommodate a light/laser mounted.

It's not that easy with my other EDC weapon, which is a CZ 2075 RAMI in 9mm. There are holsters made for it, but I have yet to find exactly what I want. Some of the "glove" type of holsters made for a Glock 26/27 fit it (with no molded or boned-leather fitment), but none of the Serpa style or molded Kydex ones do. After searching forever to find a good leather paddle or snap-on OWB holster for it without any luck, I was fartin' around one day and found that the same Bianchi Snap-Lok made for a P226 that I bought to fit my S&W 4563TSW also holds my sub-compact CZ RAMI just as securely. The "Lok" secures to the trigger-guard, so the RAMI's muzzle just stays inside the holster when it's seated into the mechanism, while the .45's slide and barrel extends below the opening by an inch or so, but the trigger-guards of both weapons locks into place very securely.

I would never consider buying a weapon only because it fit a holster I already had. If I were starting over, I might only buy weapons for which I knew ahead of time that many holsters were made, but even with limited holster choices, I'm perfectly confident in either of my EDCs being secure and easily drawn when/if needed.

Blues

I wouldn't make a purchase for a current holster I own. I guess I look at the investment of buying a new gun and figure the extra cost of a holster really isnt that much by comparison to what I forked out for said gun...

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

My thoughts right away. Why in the world would I either "settle" for a different firearm or "settle" for a different holster just because I could link both together? I understand the fact that the idea is out there for discussion on the forum but somehow putting the two items in sort of the same basket makes very little sense other than for discussion; they deserve to be in different baskets because their purposes are entirely different.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back