CCW in Nevada - POLL

New poll at Link Removed

Nevada's current "shall issue" CCW permit system has been in place since 1995.

In Vermont (since statehood) and Alaska (since 2003), any law abiding citizen of the United States (not otherwise prohibited from possessing firearms) may carry concealed without a CCW permit. Alaska does have a "shall issue" permit system in place for those desiring a permit, or for reciprocity purposes.

Do you believe Nevada should keep it's current "shall issue" CCW permit system?

Or should Nevada adopt Vermont/Alaska style law?

Please vote in the website poll. Although not a scientific poll, the results will be interesting and perhaps useful.

Main website: Stillwater Firearms Association

I would like to see Nevada go to the same system, but I doubt that it would happen. As more affluent Californians make their way into Northern Nevada, the number of attacks on the current gun laws are going to increase. They're the ones who are going to ruin things.

Agreed. I don't see Nevada going to VT/AK style law anytime soon. It has taken scores to get to this juncture. We won't be able to turn things around overnight. We must effect change incrementally.

But I do believe that should be our ultimate goal.

With the 75th Nevada legislative approaching (2009), we need to settle on legislative change that we can hope to pass. I hope everyone will become active.

As the Nevada elections approach (November) and as the legislative session approaches (early 2009), we must voice our opinions.

Agreed. I don't see Nevada going to VT/AK style law anytime soon. It has taken scores to get to this juncture. We won't be able to turn things around overnight. We must effect change incrementally.

But I do believe that should be our ultimate goal.

With the 75th Nevada legislative approaching (2009), we need to settle on legislative change that we can hope to pass. I hope everyone will become active.

As the Nevada elections approach (November) and as the legislative session approaches (early 2009), we must voice our opinions.

I mentioned in other threads and forums that my brother lives in Gardnerville. He has been there for over 10 years now. He tells me that there are a lot of transplanted Californians in Douglas County (and other counties too) and they are trying to take over. It starts with things like no smoking in public places. Then, they'll start to chip away at the gun rights.

I saw that you played a big role in getting Sheriff Pierini from disclosing CCW permit holder's confidential information. On my brother's behalf, I want to thank you for that. He doesn't get into posting on bulletin boards, but he has read the threads that you have posted in the other forums. I have read them too.

Regarding the subject matter at hand, I agree that it should be the ultimate. Something inside me hopes that California would change, but that's a tall order. I would be happy if they became a shall issue state.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back