CCW in Denver

BamaBoy

Motive Unclear In Attack By Group Of Teens On 16th Street Mall « CBS Denver

On the above thread, a poster [screen name: "You"] commented, "You all need to realize [that in] Denver county it's illegal to conceal a weapon, CCW or not. Conceal carry is illegal here."

I've checked Colorado laws and the NRA website and cannot find anything indicating that Colorado CCW permits don't apply in Denver. But is this poster correct?

Denver issues permits and Colorado has state preemption. Now you may run into a prick cop in Denver but concealed carry is not illegal

City and county of denver is the only place in colorado where OPEN carry is NOT legal. Denver county issues ccw and is perfectly legal to carry

Thanks for your responses. Several people corrected that poster who made the strange claim that concealed carry was illegal in Denver even with a permit.

So, let me get this straight. One needs to have a DENVER (County/City level) issued CCW Permit AND a Colorado (State level)issued CCW permit to carry CONCEALED in the city of Denver?

But everywhere else in Colorado (other than Denver county/city) one can carry OPENLY?

So, let me get this straight. One needs to have a DENVER (County/City level) issued CCW Permit AND a Colorado (State level)issued CCW permit to carry CONCEALED in the city of Denver?

But everywhere else in Colorado (other than Denver county/city) one can carry OPENLY?

Cities dont issue CCW permits. Only sheriffs issue permits and they are good throughout the entire state.

And yes you can open carry everywhere in Colorado except for Denver thanks to their home rule law.

Thanks for the clarification!

...And you can still carry CONCEALED in Denver, correct?

Denver

in Denver, Boulder, and Vail, you cannot open carry (they all have some sort of brandishing law if you do). Other cities may have some sort of issue with you open carrying, but you can OC, albeit you may be harassed into concealing or leaving.

There is a letter from Denver Police Chief Whitman stating they (Denver PD) will obey all state laws.

It's here: Link Removed

So, Carry at will if you have a current CCW permit in Colorado.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back