CCW Handgun Qualifying

The qualifying standards for Nevada CCW are similar to the Czech Republic's rules on CCW.
How long does the CCW permit run for? 5 years?

Yes, permit is good for 5 years before you need to renew.

I was told NV has one of the toughest range qualifications. That is was the same as FBI, but not timed.

I was also told that there is a sequence in shot placement, like two to the body and one to the head. Is that true?

All I know is if I'm 15 yards away from a potentially life threatening situation, I'm taking the avoidance route.

Cal, your "Red Zone" is 21 feet or 7 yards; An attacker can cover that in 1.5 seconds. That means 15 yards can be covered in ~3.0 seconds. You may not have the option to leave if his attention is on you. This is a very real "close range" shooting distance which is why some instructors want to make sure you can hit a man-sized target regularly at this range.

I think all States, should require Applicants to Quailify, before receiving Pistol Permits (CCW) most of your May Issue States, Do not have Quailifing requirements for its applicants.

From what I have read on all forums, most Applicants do not agree with my Statement about quailifing. I dont understand why.If you want the responcibility to carry, you should except the fact, you need to quailify first.Military, and Leo all must quailify.Why not Cilvilians as well

I was told NV has one of the toughest range qualifications. That is was the same as FBI, but not timed.

I was also told that there is a sequence in shot placement, like two to the body and one to the head. Is that true?

Not only is it not true, but the process in Nevada is really a joke. The Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs Association (NVSCA) sets the minimum standards, which in my opinion are sufficient. However, the individual ranges are allowed to add their own "requirements". Pretty stupid...Huh?

For example, The Gun Store in Vegas, being run by a bunch of folks who think they're training SWAT teams, requires twelve rounds within thirty seconds as part of their requirement. Try that with a LCP with only one magazine.

American Shooters on the west side is pretty straight up. They simply follow the rules set forth without acting like a bunch of cowboys.

I think all States, should require Applicants to Quailify, before receiving Pistol Permits (CCW) most of your May Issue States, Do not have Quailifing requirements for its applicants.

From what I have read on all forums, most Applicants do not agree with my Statement about quailifing. I dont understand why.If you want the responcibility to carry, you should except the fact, you need to quailify first.Military, and Leo all must quailify.Why not Cilvilians as well
I absolutely agree with your position. A few years as an instructor and you'll see all kinds of things.

american shooters

I think I am going to go with american shooters, does anyone have anything bad to say about them? and If I go with my glock and my revolver, do I get the ccw card for Any semi/Any Revolver? or do i have to do those separately? Thanks for the input

I think I am going to go with american shooters, does anyone have anything bad to say about them? and If I go with my glock and my revolver, do I get the ccw card for Any semi/Any Revolver? or do i have to do those separately? Thanks for the input
American Shooters is a good place to qualify...no hassles or stupid "added on" requirements. The AS on Boulder Hwy is now permanently closed, but the main store on Arville St. is open.

Yes. Qualify with a pistol and a revolver and your CCW will be good for any revolver and/or pistol.

When I qualified at The Gun Store in Las Vegas (5 years ago and a few weeks ago) the requirement was:

3 yards - 6 shots firing hand, reload, 6 shots support hand (60 seconds)
7 yards - 6 shots freestyle, reload, 6 shots freestyle (60 seconds)
15 yards - 6 shots freestyle, reload, 6 shots freestyle (60 seconds)

I've never heard of a 30 second requirement.

By Nevada law NRS: CHAPTER 202 - CRIMES AGAINST PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY
and
by the NSCA Training Standards Link Removed
there is NO time limit.

And, only 30 rounds must be fired.

That said, by all accounts instructors may add requirements.

To those of you that believe the training requirements should be more stringent, what say you about Constitutional Carry (aka Right to Carry)?

Vermont has not required "permits" since statehood in 1791. Alaska, since 2003. Arizona since 2010. Wyoming, since 2011 (although for WY residents only). Have you EVER heard of "problems" in the above states? If there were problems, don't you think the leftist media would be broadcasting it about every three minutes??

Why not in Nevada? Are Nevadans somehow less worthy? See Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back