CCW Clothing

What works for you is what works for you. I carry a Springfield XD9SC in an OWB daily under a nuntucked sport shirt. I'm a big guy - 6'2" amd 265, and I easily conceal it. Dark colors and patterns are your friend. A good belt/holster combo that holds your gun tight against your body is also your friend. Not being self conscious also helps.

Carry in Peace.

Tsk Tsk, you forgot your red and blue mini strobe lights on your shoulders!!!!! Such negligence!! :dance3:

On the topic of spending money...

I didn't spend too much money on my stuff- I got a lot of pants at Goodwill for $3.00 to $5.00 per pair. I also get work pants there because if I damage a pair, who cares? I spent $3-5.00! Same with other stuff I bought- I bought a ratty sport coat for a training I had- $7.00! It got demolished in the training- but who cares, for $7.00?
It's just a tip...
BTW: Regarding those CCW vests/fishing vests/photographers vests; I can spot those a mile away and almost tell what gun the person is carrying. Wear something that blends into any crowd and something you can buy pretty much anywhere.
No, it doesn't have to cost money- have a spouse/partner/best friend/(whoever you trust most) watch a 'fashion show' with your current wardrobe and see what does/doesn't "print".

Dont let these guys and gals fool ya, You need to spend lots o' $$. But, it will be on a good belt and holster. As for me, I carry my XD 5" in a Fobus rotoholster under the clothes I had before obtaining my permit. The only addition to my wardrobe was the belt, hoster and gun. I like the paddle holster a bit better because I can rearrange where it sits on my body without having to remove a belt. When driving, my xd sits on my hip, right by the seatbelt clasp. When walking, its at about 1 o'clock, or abdomen carrying. My t-shirts cover it nicely and the only reason Ive had to buy bigger shirts is due to the fact Im getting fatter.

No changes in clothing for me. Primary carry is IWB.

I wear normal pants in the winter and shorts during the summer.

Biggest difference for me was the belt, quality is best.

I wear a Campco photographer's vest a lot, summer and winter. It's been with me on 9 trips to South America, (where the only other people that I see wearing them are other Americans and British folks LOL)I like the safari look and I look like I should be wearing it and the hat. I agree that blending in. Part of that is looking like you belong in what you are wearing. I've been CCWing for 38 years, I've never been made, carrying Colt Government Models and Commander's, as far as I know.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back