CCW banner

Don't ask people for input "What we think" then start crying like a first grader when it's not the response you wanted. You asked for input and the members gave it to you, the overall input was it's a stupid waste of money. I think you posted this in the hopes that we would all somehow approve of it, thus making yourself feel better about buying the item.

The responding officer may think your a mentally challenged person if they saw you with such an item.

Why would someone need such an item? You said for a mass shooting event? You also say your not a "Sheepdog(can't say that with a straight face)" or wanna be cop right? Then why buy such a product? The only time you would need such an item would be a mass shooting right? So you take it out and throw it on and go running around with your firearm in hand looking for the threat? That is the only reason I can see for having such an item, a person with a concealed firearm would not need it.

I said I was looking for serious input, not jokes and I am not buying this anyway. I just found it interesting.

I am not.

I just meant it as a serious question and it seems that a lot of folks don't seem to get the concept ... CCW badges really are a dumb idea (or CCW capes for that matter) even if you are in a place where they won't get you charged with impersonating an officer. They are not very visible. I don't have this product but I am looking for serious input on whether or not it would help in people's opinions.

I'd say the response you've gotten have given you all the input you need.

It's an incredibly stupid idea don't do it.

Can I make it anymore plain?

There is ( or was a couple years back) a photo on THR depicting some idiot who had CCW PERMIT HOLDER: THE DRIVER OF THIS VEHICLE IS LEGALLY PERMITED TO CARRY A CONCEALED FIREARM on the back window. Seems there id an idiot born every day

For God sakes...people will try to make a buck off of anything.
I would think that a LEO would be more concerned with clearing the entire area of any firearms regardless of whether or not someone is wearing an overpriced sash. I mean....ANYONE, including a bad guy could buy one of those and throw it on real quick forcing the LEO's eyes to go towards someone who may be a real CCW'er who is NOT wearing aforementioned overpriced sash.

What do you guys think?

Link Removed
I think it's the dumbest idea I've seen in a long time. Sounds to me like Ron Popiel has branched out into the self defense market.:bad::bad::bad:

On the other hand, it ought to be worth at least 10 points on the Mall Ninja Aptitude test.

:sarcastic::sarcastic:. Link Removed:laugh::sarcastic::sarcastic:

Well, looks like Mr jg1967 has fallen into the abyss of forum humor. And since he states, and I believe, it was an honest question, I'll offer my honest answer: I don't think much of it.
And as an encore, I will suggest it is not very fashionable. As for me, I'll stick with my beanie with the propellor on top that says on the front, "I'm the good guy." :laugh:

Sorry jg, I guess we all fall into the abyss occasionally - but to make up for it, I gave you a like for putting up the best post I've seen in a few months. :biggrin: And I suggest the rest of the posters give him a like too.

Those things are ridiculous. First off, who is going to carry one of those with them all the time and when you think you need it, are you going to have time to put it on. I would simply just identify myself to the police as a CWP holder, let them know that I am not the bad guy and inform them that I am armed.

Wellll...... The intention is good. At least, the stated intention. We're all for having the responding LEO's know who the Good Guy is. After all, by actual body count, Police kill ten times as many innocent bystanders each year as do ordinary citizens defending themselves. I believe much of this is because they come to the game late, without a program.

Jim Cirillo, as Training Officer for U.S. Customs, after he left NYPD, told his students to hold their credentials as high as possible in their off hand, as LEO's arrived. He felt this had saved a few of his men. Would you like to be a dark-skinned plainclothes officer holding a gun over a white suspect, when NYPD arrived? Can you say "SHORT Life Expectancy?"

I'm not about to buy any funny sash. I've already got a spare Flagger's vest in the trunk (which has been used at accident scenes).

BUT. in the extremely unlikely event that I found myself holding a gun over an injured suspect, or maybe a dead one and two live ones, while awaiting LEO's, I would hold up my left wallet (I have left and a right wallet) that has my CPL visible. And the flap over the shiny gold Washington Arms Collectors Life Member badge just might accidentally fall open... (If responders remarked on it, "Oh! I didn't notice that was open! I only meant to display my CPL for you.") At the risk of setting everyone off over the CCW badge nonsense, I'll state that I can imagine a situation where a shiny piece of metal just might keep a nervous rookie's finger off the trigger. But it's not very likely.

It's unlikely you'd be holding a suspect at gunpoint. And you'd surely have sense enough to tell the 911 Dispatcher the situation. But still, the intent of any effort to better identify the Good Guy is not bad. I'm just not rushing out to buy a fancy sash or sign... :wink:

Police wear uniforms, I carry concealed until Texas allows open carry and will most likley still carry concealed.

All know is a few years ago, a person was shot in Vegas. He had a CCW. He was reported that he had a gun and of course the metro police came. They told him to stand style. He was telling them , he had a permit to carry. They asked were the gun was at and he said under my shirt. Let me lift it for you. That was the last thing he will ever say.
The police said he drew his firearm and was waving it around. Six witnesses said that is not true, he was cooperating with the police. He pulled his shirt up to show them the gun and he even told them that. That's when six bullets out of eight him. Here the twist to the story, his firearm was still in his holster when the investigation started.
Never heard the out come of the officers involved. I do know at first the Dept. Was backing and supporting there officers. Maybe it would be a good idea for a badge or something

"In local news, John Q. Dumb#ss was shot and killed this morning during an attempted robbery. Apparently, Mr. Dumb#ss was carrying a CCW but was shot when he attempted to draw his weapon and it got caught on some stupid sash he was wearing."

Last attempt on this subject before I give up trying to get any serious thoughts ... apparently this thing isn't that simple to understand as I thought. You don't put this "sash" on and proudly walk out of the house to protect the neighborhood and any damsels in distress. It's carried rolled up in a belt clip. It's meant for precisely one situation only: You find yourself in a situation where you have to shoot, possibly stay around to secure an injured BG, don't know if there are more of them around the next corner, whatever. If you think you can figure this all out ahead of time ... thenk kudos to you. Real life brings surprises. The idea is, for some reason you can't simply reholster your gun but you want to make sure you don't go down in a hail of bullets once the cops show up. The question is would it be useful in that scenario in your honest opinion, yes or no?

If you feel you absolutely can not comprehend the difference between this and a nickel plated CCW badge then by all means post away, I won't bother reading it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back