CCW Badge displayed on North American Arms website.

Firefighterchen

OC for Tactical Advantage
csmith177:231029 said:
I dunno. If I were a big open carry person, which I'm not, that lived in a state only allowed concealed carry. That badge might make some kinda political statement in interest to openly carry

I am big into open carry. If I were to live in a state that is CC only, I still would think a badge is a bad idea. If I were to make a political statement, I would wear around an empty holster. Badges represent authority, not firepower.

CC Badges = "Mall Ninja" gear. I'm not a "Mall Ninja" and don't intend to become one any time soon. Any company marketing their product with a piece of "Mall Ninja" gear in their ad isn't going to get my business any time soon. If they have a quality product they should market it appropriately.

With that said, I've found NAA firearms to be on the lower end of the spectrum, comparable to "Hi Point" and other "discount" firearms. Not something I'd depend on to save my life, however something that would be suitable for the range every so often.

jg1967

I think badges are goofy too. I've even seen sashes that you would wear. I sure hope they were a joke.

Seriously, if I'm going to conceal, then I'm not going to broadcast it to anyone, LEO or otherwise!

Just for the record, the sashes aren't "worn". They are only used in an actual shooting event and before police show up. And no, I neither have nor sell them.

G50AE

Just for the record, the sashes aren't "worn". They are only used in an actual shooting event and before police show up. And no, I neither have nor sell them.

But I take it you should always wear your CCW Mask, because concealed means concealed.

jg1967

But I take it you should always wear your CCW Mask, because concealed means concealed.

I appreciate and share your disdain and contempt for CCW badges.

But before you go and critizice a product understand how it's used. This "sash" as some call it is not part of your fashion outfit. It sits rolled up in pouch on your belt. If you end up in a shootout and you can't simply put your gun away you put it on.

Will it guarantee you won't get shot by responding police? No. Will it increase your chances? Probably, at least possibly.

Whether or not that's for you is well, up to you.

I appreciate and share your disdain and contempt for CCW badges.

But before you go and critizice a product understand how it's used. This "sash" as some call it is not part of your fashion outfit. It sits rolled up in pouch on your belt. If you end up in a shootout and you can't simply put your gun away you put it on.

Will it guarantee you won't get shot by responding police? No. Will it increase your chances? Probably, at least possibly.

Whether or not that's for you is well, up to you.

So you're saying that after a shoot out you won't have the opportunity to holster your firearm or place it on the ground, but will be able to don the sash? What will people think of next.......

localgirl

I'm no expert, but after a shooting, I would recommend sitting down, holding your head in your hands, crying if possible, and keeping your gun at your feet, in plain sight.

localgirl

**** me twice on Sunday, they've got an entire site of fake badges. What a really terrible idea. Link Removed

JAJ

I'm sorry but this sounds like the worst idea I've heard, right next to "aim for the kneecap". IMHO it's much better to spend the time learning the laws than buying useless "extras". I agree 100% with localgirl, sit down, hands on head and prepare to be arrested. I've spent a lot of time "lurking" on the forum and the thing that stands out the most for me is people worry about everything other than the most important...education.
Know the laws, know your weapon and practice, practice, practice. At least that's my philosophy, I don't spend my money on items that have only one purpose..to make the seller rich.
Just my two cents...

jg1967

So you're saying that after a shoot out you won't have the opportunity to holster your firearm or place it on the ground, but will be able to don the sash? What will people think of next.......

Actually, yes, you may not. You may have to hold somebody for arrest, you may know or suspect there are more around, have some imagination. These situations are not that cut and dry.

Actually, yes, you may not. You may have to hold somebody for arrest, you may know or suspect there are more around, have some imagination. These situations are not that cut and dry.

"...hold somebody for arrest"? Seriously? C'mon man, you're gonna worry about donning a silly sash while holding someone at gun point? Stop watching all of those cop movies. Next you're gonna be advocating running around in tights with a big "S" on your chest.

I have a very vivid imagination, however I can come up with no situation where a CC badge or sash will be relevant.

jg1967

"...hold somebody for arrest"? Seriously? C'mon man, you're gonna worry about donning a silly sash while holding someone at gun point? Stop watching all of those cop movies. Next you're gonna be advocating running around in tights with a big "S" on your chest.

I have a very vivid imagination, however I can come up with no situation where a CC badge or sash will be relevant.

So don't use it!

localgirl

K, I'll wear one, IF it says "Miss" in front of the CCW, and IF I can wear it with a cocktail dress and combat boots.

jg1967

K, I'll wear one, IF it says "Miss" in front of the CCW, and IF I can wear it with a cocktail dress and combat boots.

Pics or it didn't happen! ;-)

Seriously for the rest, before I troll a product I need to at least understand exactly what it is and how it's supposed to work. Then, happy trolling.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForwardUntilDawn