CCW and knives over 3.5in

Mikeone

DELETE due to S&wMP&40

Last edited:
First off you may want to tell us what state you are looking for this information? Second most stores/web stores will not even sell you auto knifes with out LEO/MIL/Fire/EMT ID. Are you really talking about spring assisted opening knifes? Some people think that type of knife is a auto open knife.

I thought I posted this in the Colorado forum.

I have no interest in stores and their "own" defined rules for selling auto knives.

The question was Blade length +3.5in Colorado, CCW permit holder. YES or NO?

and auto knives (Switchblade) concealed? Denver County or others.

Im feeling its LEO only.(Auto knives)

Thanks Mike.

Good Link.

Took a Google,
This seems to be a good but legal-lingo heavy site:
Link Removed
Full-auto (trigger/button shoots blade right out front fast & locks)
e.g. Benchmade Infidel Double Action OTF Automatic Knife 3300 - Blade HQ
are normally no-go's even Bud-K won't ship OTF/autos to many states.
Best bet is call the local LEO's and ask for their spin.
City-county-state all have their own takes, &
no carry nuthin areas, add prior felons, or while intoxicated
or with a no-contact order on U & way too many variables
even for a blunt table knife to OK/nix the blade!

Canis-Lupus

well its a no go on the autos but. ( I thought so)

the debate is still out about 3.5in+ blade with a CCW.

Why do you need a CCW in your state to carry a knife? 6'' and under is legal to carry on your person in NH.

WOW, you need to grow up and stop being so rude to people on this forum. That's not what this forum is here for. It's here for people to help people and talk AS GROWN UPS. You are not acting like at all. So please grow up or leave the forums we do not need people like you on here. In all my time on here you are the only Rude person i have found and this COMING FROM A NOOBIE. Grow up my friend. In most states you DO NOT NEED A CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT TO CARRY A KNIFE. This is why i asked you WHY you need one in your state.

Switchblades are pretty much prohibited by the Federal Switchblade act of 1958. There are some exceptions like for LE, Military, EMT, Fire, etc. and for persons with only one arm.

Blade length is another story. Rule of thumb is that anything "less than" 4" is legal. There are some exceptions, so I recommend that you check the laws of the places where you will be carrying the knife. Folding knives for the most part are legal, provided that they have a blade that is less than 4".

When entering Federal Buildings (like a post office), be very careful as blade length is restricted to 2" or less.

Hope this helps.

gf

Mikeone.
I think the patrons who even bothered to reply to a subject that was multi-posted, now dropped off into archives, gave you the best advise, call your local cops. Or us 'PEANUT GALLERY EFFECT' patrons may start adding you to thier ignore-lists.
When you post a question, get decent responses then charge out with a temper tamtrum, I am not interested in your posts, don't like your attitudes with patrons who tried, so U R joining my stealth list.
Bye.

C-L

According to Colorado Revised Statues 18-12-105,
1. A person commits a class 2 misdemeanor if such person knowingly and unlawfully a) carries a knife on or about his person; or......
2. It shall be an affirmative defense that the defandant was:
a)....
b)....
c). A person who, at the time of carry a concealed weapon, held a valid written permitto carry a concealed wapon permit issued........

Simply put, it's a concealed WEAPON permit, not HANDGUN.

Hope that helps,
ColoCCW - Colorado Concealed Carry Weapons Permit

The Colorado CCW permit law pertains only to concealed handguns, not to any type of knife, even though my permit is actually titled "Concealed Weapon Permit". I think too much of 18-12-105(c) was omitted when quoted in the previous post.

"(c) A person who, at the time of carrying a concealed weapon, held a valid written permit to carry a concealed weapon issued pursuant to section 18-12-105.1, as it existed prior to its repeal, or, if the weapon involved was a handgun, held a valid permit to carry a concealed handgun or a temporary emergency permit issued pursuant to part 2 of this article; except that it shall be an offense under this section if the person was carrying a concealed handgun in violation of the provisions of section 18-12-214"

A knife with blade length of 3.5 inches or less may be concealed by any adult. Knives with longer blades may be openly carried.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back