CCP in California

jeepwcrazy

Does anyone know the rules here in CA concerning CCPs? I am not a resident of CA but I am Active Military, I own a home here in CA, and I've been living here for 6yrs now so does that mean anything? Everything that I find concerning this subject states that one CAs requirements is that they are a resident of the state so I was just seeing if anyone had any other info on this. Thanks for the help.

Mark

Not to be negative or offensive but if you want a concealed carry permit in California you will need to leave lipstick marks on every politicians and sheriffs ass.

You can find gun laws for all 50 states at "gunlawsbystate.com". They just put out an updated book for 2014. You can also check out all of the new laws for every state on their web site as well. I just bought the new one and also the e-book as well. I hope this will help.

Despite what jimth says, it's really not that difficult unless you live in San Francisco or Los Angeles Counties. Just look up the CCW application for your County online to begin the application process. It takes about 8 to 12 weeks to get an interview, after that it goes quite quickly. We Californians are not all Liberal Tree Huggers.

Maybe so bernard but we here in Virginia usually have our permits within 2 to 3 weeks without interviews, tests, or gun fire training. I think California is one of the prettiest states in the country...of course I went to high school in Hawaii. I just can't figure out what is being drunk by the politicians and voters in California. Although considerably more beautiful than the rolling hills of Virginia...I wouldn't step into California on a bet...and I went to boot in San Diego. At the gun shows in Virginia we have a lot of folks from Maryland Jersey Delaware and so on come down. I always ask them what the freedom smells like when they set foot in Virginia. They just shake their heads and say at least we don't live in California!

Thanks for the input. I know a few people with their concealed carry so I know that it's quite possible. The difference is that they are residents of this state. This is a beautiful state but your right about the laws and red tape on everything. I'll stay here as long as I don't have to become a resident which will be until I retire, after that I will be packing up the family and moving. The taxes on everything here is nuts and the registration of vehicles is nearly tripled of what I pay for Florida tags. Upside is that I do a lot of off-roading and camping. The scenery and terrain are top notch and just beautiful. This state offers quite a bit of different terrain for what ever wheeling you would like to do, from the trail riding/camping in the Sierras to dessert racing/rock crawling in Southern CA and this State is also home to some of the most well known trails in the U.S. It's just too bad that the politicians make everything else undesirable because if it wasn't for that, I would probably never leave.

Carrying concealed in California is smart and dumb at the same time. Smart because nobody can protect you except you, but dumb because it's virtually impossible to carry legally so it won't do you any good when you're getting humped in jail.

I don't wear lipstick nor did leave any hickeys on anyone either. It was actually quite a friendly encounter at the interview, and nothing was mentioned about being a brown nose either. The worst part is the wait and the fees. If you live here and pay bills here, it seems you would be a resident....like it or not. Welcome to komifornia and thanks for your service.

Your best option for the most accurate answer is to contact your Attourney General and speak to the CCW office. I had a similar issue about my CCP from AZ being recognized in KS and how my Active Duty status pertained to whether a KS permit was also required since I'm living in KS. I posted a topic and got all kinds of wrong and lengthy answers. The AG answered it very quickly and easily.

CCW is issued by County Sherriff for which you can show residency. Some counties are virtually shall issue, others are harder then wining the lottery. cal guns dot net had county by county info

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back