CCDW While Voting in KY?

Catfan63

I've looked for info on this site as this is the first election I've voted in while actively carrying, I was wondering if there are any nasty little signs that are going to pop up when I get to the polls to vote?

Thx!

I'm about 95% sure that carrying a firearm at a poll is illegal. If you are talking about federal elections I would say 99% because every federal building is off limits.

Well, the polling place is NOT a school and the KY regs don't say anything about a polling place being off limits. Just wondered if other folks had encountered temporary signs prohibiting carrying.

On a side note, I'd think it would be very ironic if not hypocritical that our 2nd Amendment rights would be squelched while exercising my constitutional right/duty to vote- state or federal election, notwithstanding.

Thanks for your input.

I looked up a KY legal cite and it states:

"Kentucky has no law prohibiting firearms in:

Hospitals;

Places of worship;

Sports arenas;

Gambling facilities; or

Polling places."

Link Removed

You should read up the actual laws of your state or county because some states may not restrict you in your state laws but will restrict you with county or city laws.

I looked up a KY legal cite and it states:

"Kentucky has no law prohibiting firearms in:

Hospitals;

Places of worship;

Sports arenas;

Gambling facilities; or

Polling places."

Link Removed

You should read up the actual laws of your state or county because some states may not restrict you in your state laws but will restrict you with county or city laws.

Thanks but I have read the 'actual laws' of my state and they do not specifically ban weapons from voting areas. I was originally asking if anyone had experienced coming to a polling place and encounter signs stating that concealed carry or firearms in general were prohibited. I just left the pistol in the car... didn't like doing that but there were other issues involved as well.

Thanks for the responses everyone!

As was stated, no restrictions unless a normally prohibited place. Hell man, you can carry in our capital building lol.

Thanks guys, I confirmed what I was reading... that it is allowable to carry concealed in a polling place (as long as its permissible at the venue, school, court house, etc.)

I like carrying my pistol as much as the next guy but what's the big deal in voting Booths? Is your handgun needed to vote get a mail in vote if it matters that much ... I live in Ohio n open carry everyday so... I'm all for guns ...

I like carrying my pistol as much as the next guy but what's the big deal in voting Booths? Is your handgun needed to vote get a mail in vote if it matters that much ... I live in Ohio n open carry everyday so... I'm all for guns ...

Never know when you'll need it.

my voting place is a unitarian universal church but regardless in florida ccwp holders can NOT carry in any polling place according to their rules
so ky may have other rules?

Polling place for me is the fire station up the street.

Was there a few weeks ago CC when they had an Open House. Little one got to work a fire hose and play in the inflatable jumpy thingy :p

I'll be open or concealed carrying the morning of November 6th, depends on the weather.

it's illegal to carry at a polling place in the state of florida regardless school church or other building you vote in..i think it's a ridiculous law being i can walk to my polling place but to do so i have to pass a funky crime ridden apt complex ......last time i walked up there some kids were trying to sell me drugs they were no older than like 13 or 14 too smmfh who knows if their big brothers or parents were also out looking to rob me or???

Places of worship ie churches are not off limits to concealed carry. I carry in my church all the time. Also it's no listed in the law governing the places where you cannot carry in Ky.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back