CCDW permit

bigstonebeach

Hey! Looks like no one from DE has been here in awhile. Anyhow, just got the last of my paperwork done for my CCDW application yesterday, and have to wait for the newspaper blurb last of the month to turn in my packet. Anyone heard how long it is taking to hear back now? The lady at DSP said there have been a bunch of permit seekers lately. She was pleased, too that so many are doing it. Have a safe and warm (!) day.

Beez

Hey bigstonebeach,
It may take a while this time of year. They will be processing permit renewals first, so that may hold you up. Welcome to the world of the DECCW. Say, have you looked into the Delaware State Sportsman Assoc. They are a local branch of the NRA and having a open house get together this Sunday (1/27) at the FOP lodge on Kitts Hummock rd., Dover. It is from 1-3 pm. there will be a member only meeting at 3 pm . I'm going and plan to join up. I am already a NRA member.

Hey bigstonebeach, I'm starting the process today. I'm guessing you might have yours by now. Take Care!
No, not yet. It should be mid-May if all goes as quickly as I've been told. But thanks for the good wishes. I'm looking forward to not having to open carry, which I do everywhere it is legal. It amazes me how wearing an unidentified identity badge has cut down on comments. I guess folks think the gun must come with the job. Anyhow, good luck with yours. Think hard, be alert, shoot straight. Bigstonebeach.

I was told by the Wilmington Office of Department of Justice that it takes 10 business days to go through FBI, DSP, and CJIS checks, and call all your references. Once they finish it goes to the courts and that is the large brunt of the wait. 3 months if you're lucky is about accurate from I've heard consistently from others at the local gun store and Wilmington DOJ.

Good luck to everyone who just dropped theirs. Mine took 1 week short of 6 months. Just got it two weeks ago.

Hey, Tacoin4low - don't know where you are, but I highly recommend Marino Tactical just south of Milford. We had people from all three counties in my class. Last I knew, $150 and way beyond State requirements, lots of good tactical training. Give them a call at 3025423755. Tell them Bryan sent you.

Been out of contact for a while, but I'm back and also have no got my Pa. Non-resident CCW in addition to my DECCW. I went to the Lancaster County Sheriff's office and filled out the paper work, showed them my De. drivers permit and my DECCW and 25 minutes and $20.00 later I had my Pa permit. People there are friendly and a pleasure to deal with. Only problem was finding a free parking spot. De permit covers 18 states, and Pa. permit covers 27 states. Some overlap, but picked up quite a few altogether. And no, they do not cover MD., NJ., or Illinois. If you are traveling thru those states, and let us ask, why would you ever want to stop, the Federal Firearms Transportation rules cover you.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back