CC vs OC, where is the line?

T-Man

I think I have decided on a carry gun (Kahr CW9). I need to work on my carry method(s). Here in MT, ccw is illegal in any place that sells alcohol for consumption on the premesis (i.e. restaurants w/ a license). Open carry is not regulated by the state in these places. State law defines a concealed weapon as "wholly or partially covered by the clothing or wearing apparel of the person carrying or bearing the weapon." I have been looking at IWB holsters, but that would be partially covered by clothing, right? So, for those times when I have to open carry, that would be a bad idea. Am I on the right train of thought here?

Call your AG and check with them. It seems like the Virgina Tuck thing would work, but don't take anyone's word for it on the Internet. Call or write your AG and then keep the response, that way if you are ever hasseled by the police you have official letterhead from the AG to back you up.

How about using a OWB holster and an overgarment (loose shirt/jacket/etc.).

Wear the garment when carrying concealed and take the garment off when open carrying.

How about using a OWB holster and an overgarment (loose shirt/jacket/etc.).

Wear the garment when carrying concealed and take the garment off when open carrying.

Or just tuck your shirt/jacket between the pistol and your body so that the pistol in the OWB is fully exposed.

Call your AG and check with them. It seems like the Virgina Tuck thing would work, but don't take anyone's word for it on the Internet. Call or write your AG and then keep the response, that way if you are ever hasseled by the police you have official letterhead from the AG to back you up.

+1

Consulting the Attorney General is the only way to go. It's also kinda important to see whether the response is a definite statement of law, or if it is a legal opinion. Legal opinions can change the next time a new AG comes to office, so beware of that.

OWB under an untucked shirt for CC and on top of the same shirt tucked in would seem to be the easiest and most convenient way to do this.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back